Terror in Thailand: Surat Thani bombing leaves one dead

webfact

Terror in Thailand: Surat Thani bombing leaves one dead

st.jpg

Image: Daily News

SURAT THANI:-- Thai media is reporting that two explosions in Muang district in Surat Thani province has left one person dead.

The explosions happened close to Marine Police station at around 8am on Friday morning, Daily News reported.

The explosion in Surat Thani comes hours after a twin bomb attack in Hua Hin left one person dead and injured 20 others, including a number of foreign tourists.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-12

I hope the military get to the bottom of this and hold the perpetrators responsible. 

The timing of this certainly points to that violent minority terrorist group that purport to represent a majority voice. 

RIP to the poor victim. 

2 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

I am not so sure that this is an attack with religious brackgrounds.

The problem is that Southern Thailand used to be part of Malay Pattani Region which was annexed by the Kingdom of Siam in 1785 and has been ruled by Thailand ever since. These are mainly ethnic Malay Muslims who speak Yawi which is a dialect of Bahasa Malayu. The Yawi people want their own state. I can remember many attacks over the last 30 years by separatists which have flared up again, probably because they do not agree with the outcome of the referendum. We cannot be sure that this attack is based on religion but we shall wait to see the outcome of the investigation.

Don't think separatists give much of a thought to the outcome of the referendum tbh. Why would they? As you say, they want their own state, not a particular group in control of the current state.

If it is related to the southern provinces, can see it potentially being related to the referendum due to them taking advantage of a more thinly spread army, perhaps, but I can't see why they would decide to increase bombings due to the vote going one way or another.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

The easiest answer would be to give the muslims the far south provinces. All that area does for Thailand is cost them money. Unfortunately Thailand would never even consider that option. Every square inch of Thailand belongs to the Thai people. That's why farangs cannot own even a small plot for a house.

1 hour ago, djjamie said:

I hope the military get to the bottom of this and hold the perpetrators responsible. 

The timing of this certainly points to that violent minority terrorist group that purport to represent a majority voice. 

RIP to the poor victim. 

You must be constantly sporting a military grade dirty sanchez.

56 minutes ago, Rykbanlor said:

You must be constantly sporting a military grade dirty sanchez.

This is the same guy that stated categorically that the redshirts did the Erawan shrine bombing in Bangkok! 

Cannot see further than the end of his nose! 

2 hours ago, djjamie said:

RIP to the poor victim. 

Just stay off the drugs will ya? Or perhaps you actually miss your prescribed medication? Either way, you need help...

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

The problem is that Southern Thailand used to be part of Malay Pattani Region which was annexed by the Kingdom of Siam in 1785 and has been ruled by Thailand ever since. These are mainly ethnic Malay Muslims who speak Yawi which is a dialect of Bahasa Malayu. The Yawi people want their own state. I can remember many attacks over the last 30 years by separatists which have flared up again, probably because they do not agree with the outcome of the referendum. We cannot be sure that this attack is based on religion but we shall wait to see the outcome of the investigation.

looks like it is bit more than that. many sites have been targeted. we hope peace will return soon although the coordinated  attacks are unnerving.

6 hours ago, Centrum said:

Why would Catholics plant bombs?

We all know who bombs innocent people. One would need to have ones head permanently up ones rectum to not know. Although, there are the denial crew, who are shown to be wrong at every bombing.