Dutchman accused of sex offences in Cambodian orphanage

geovalin

A 42-year-old man from Leiden is in custody in Cambodia suspected of sexual offences against underage boys.
Dutch and Cambodian justice officials are investigating the allegations against Bas R., who was a manager at an orphanage in the northern city of Siem Reap, AD reported.

R. has been the subject of previous investigations in both countries. Two years Dutch police received a complaint on behalf of two Cambodian children who alleged he had abused them between 2009 and 2013. A Cambodian court acquitted him of similar offences against five children in 2012 after four of the victims withdrew their testimony.

In 2004 he was convicted of abusing a twelve-year-old Dutch boy on a sailing camp and banned from working as an instructor, but the following year crime reporter Peter R. de Vries discovered him applying for jobs at sailing schools in defiance of the ban.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2016/08/dutchman-accused-of-sex-offences-in-cambodian-orphanage/

Pedophiles 

I'll never understand how these perverts manage to fly under the radar time and time again. They always seem to masquerade as a children's saviour. Like asking a King Cobra to babysit your pet rats. Let's stop calling them sex offenders as sex isn't anything to do with their crimes. This is pure molestation of the sickest kind. 

These evil bastards derive from diseased infested pricks pent on destroying our kids lives. I can't muster enough hate for kiddy fiddlers. 

ScotBkk

Instead of a Sailing school in the Netherlands, where there is at least a simmer of social control as the kids would not be the underprivileged ones, to land a job in charge and control of a whole house full of underprivileged boys without caring relatives looking at what is going on on a regular basis if at all . . .. ..
The sicko must have been ever so proud of his sad self.

Foreign manager in the Myanmar Orphanage, so probably a foreign charity.

If so:
Where the Hell have these do-gooders been looking for their employee.
But even if they thought to have found a gem under that stone, "someone who is truly interested in caring for boys", have they never heard of Due Diligence, and of tracking a criminal record?
Sicko, hopefully, will be send to a Cambodian jail, not the Dutch kind with TV, comfort visitors, understanding social workers and separation of sicko's from other prisoners. 
Also, I hope someone presses charges against the persons ultimately responsible for hiring this sad being, because of neglecting their duties as custodians of the orphans.
As there is a police record, they knew or should have known about the previous convictions.

(All if proven guilty in a Court of Law, that goes without saying)

Edited by KKr
sharpening my pencil

Just found out his real name is Sebastiaan Reuijl  . And he has been arrested 3 times in Cambodia and always bribed himself out of jail .  

I found this documentary on Youtube that Dutch TV made in 2012 after investigating him under the name  Bas R.   It's very disturbing. 

13 hours ago, balo said:

Just found out his real name is Sebastiaan Reuijl  . And he has been arrested 3 times in Cambodia and always bribed himself out of jail .  

I found this documentary on Youtube that Dutch TV made in 2012 after investigating him under the name  Bas R.   It's very disturbing. 

English language interviews start at about 35.00

Thank you for that post, a very thorough good journalistic investigation and very disturbing indeed. 

So Sicko was kicked out earlier by an international charity, good for them. Then Sicko was working on its own, and it seems nobody cared because it gave some money to the parents over the years and in the course of the investigations. (Note: Some Children were questioned by Police in the presence of Sicko) until 2014.
It seems now, it was working at another orphanage. 
""
Dutch and Cambodian justice officials are investigating the allegations against Bas R., who was a manager at an orphanage in the northern city of Siem Reap, AD reported.

""
If that orphanage is run by a charity, I repeat earlier comments, how is it possible they take in a Pedophile and what are the people giving money to the charity going to do about it? Who will hold the sponsors responsible for negligence?

The problem is he will not get deported and arrested in Holland. As long as he can pay more money to officials in Cambodia they will release him after a few days and he can get back to hurt kids.  Only solution is to hunt him down and cut off his d***.