TOT Internet Down

justsignedin

As I post this my TOT internet has been down for 48 hours. My wife dropped by the office on Pattaya Klang today and asked why we had no internet, to which they replied "internet problem".

48 hours is a long time to have a problem. Our internet went down late at night during a thunder storm. I obviously thought the storm may have been the cause, but surely if it was storm damage they would have it fixed by now.

So just wondering how far spread the problem is, and if anyone has managed to aquire an explanation from TOT.

For your information I am located on Soi Siam Country Club Road.

TOT do drop their service, (I know all about this being a customer).

Last week they replaced all the wiring for the reception after having firstly done the same to the condo's next door.

My speed tests with Ookla have gone from 5-8.5 mb to 17-25 for the same price.

13 minutes ago, lou62 said:

TOT do drop their service, (I know all about this being a customer).

Last week they replaced all the wiring for the reception after having firstly done the same to the condo's next door.

My speed tests with Ookla have gone from 5-8.5 mb to 17-25 for the same price.

Maybe that's the answer then. Localized upgrading/replacement of cables.

Would they not have to replace cables all the way to individual properties for that to be effective though ?

46 minutes ago, justsignedin said:

Maybe that's the answer then. Localized upgrading/replacement of cables.

Would they not have to replace cables all the way to individual properties for that to be effective though ?

Maybe they did, my performance has gone up and that's all I care about.

I had TOT disappear for a whole day a few months ago. I went to the office and was told they were upgrading a piece of hardware that served my area (Thepprasit soi 8) and the service would be back the next day. They were right, it was back the next morning. Maybe they're doing something similar around the Soi Siam Country Club area where the OP lives?

MY 50MB TOT Fiber-Optic / back-up works fine and is actually more stable than my 200MB 3BB. Overall Fiber is hardly ever totally down and then it is mostly fixed within 1 hour. Obviously they give these higher paying accounts priority and the hardware might be superior. MS

1 hour ago, emilymat said:

Been OK with me recently. I'm on Siam CC road near the lake. Maybe it is a problem with your equipment. Good luck.

Yes the problem did turn out to be at my end, at least they sorted it from my end anyway. 2 techs came today, had a fiddle with my settings, made a couple of calls to TOT office (I presume) and voila I'm back on-line. I still suspect the original problem stems from something TOT have done, but I will never know.

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

MY 50MB TOT Fiber-Optic / back-up works fine and is actually more stable than my 200MB 3BB. Overall Fiber is hardly ever totally down and then it is mostly fixed within 1 hour. Obviously they give these higher paying accounts priority and the hardware might be superior. MS

No TOT fiber where I am, I asked 1 of the techs about it and he said it will be coming soon.