Burkini ban in parts of France provokes beach-themed protest in London

webfact

Burkini ban in parts of France provokes beach-themed protest in London

606x341_342227.jpg

LONDON: -- A beach-party-themed sit-in has taken place in front of the French Embassy in London to protest against the burkini ban in some parts of France.

At least 15 coastal areas in the country have forbidden clothing described as “overtly manifesting adherence to a religion when France and places of worship are the target of terrorist attacks.”

Already a contentious issue, further anger appears to have been sparked by an image in a right-leaning British tabloid, appearing to show armed officers standing over women on a French beach.

Reports have emerged of women being told to remove elements of the burkini, or being fined for wearing them.

“I’m here today because I think it is outrageous that Muslim women was [sic] forced to strip in public on a beach by armed police. I think it was an outrageous attack on all women’s rights to choose what we put on our bodies,” said one teacher who attended the demonstration.

“We wanted to show solidarity with Muslim women in France and call for a repeal of the ban,” added India Thorogood, a co-organiser of the protest.

France’s highest administrative court is to vote on the ban on Friday (August 26).

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-26

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BBC broadcast an interview with one of the women who were fined in France and she was on about not knowing what she'd done wrong and of course her rights.

Not bad coming from a member of a religion not noted for tolerance and for happily demanding their religious and cultural rights no matter which country they're in.

Unfortunately the over tolerant west has given them the proverbial inch and they take the country.

Is it naive to hope that the" intelligence agencies" are keeping close tabs on all attendees to this rally - and once a more representative government(logical as opposed to PC) comes to power these traitors will be expelled to the ME country of their choice?

The new esteemed Mayor of London has condemned the ban by some French resorts. He said is was totally inappropriate for anyone to tell women what they can and cannot wear.

So presumably he will be telling that to the Saudis, Iranians, Taliban, Pakistanis, and ISIS?

And will these same protesting ladies in London sit outside the Saudi, Iranian and Pakistani Embassies wearing skimpy bikinis and lots of make up?

Or is it only Muslim views that must be respected and obeyed.

Intolerant PC pseudo liberal hypocrites. No wonder the Muslims think they can do as they please.

2 hours ago, Mosha said:

Why don't the go protest in France. The French probably don't give a stuff about protests in London.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Just hope the French courts hold their nerve today and enforce the decision.

Hello

The police didn't force this lady to "strip in public"... They give you the choice.. pay the fine, go from the beach or dress accordingly..

All this is part of a plan to change western rules.. It began by Xmas trees to be banned, food in schools to avoid pork or forced to offer special meals for muslims, burka in the streets etc... etc..

Step by step they use each and every thing to impose their leadership..

The main problem is that those decisions are not legal according to french constitution..

A lot of things have to be changed.. this should include burka, burquini, veil etc... but law and constitution have to be amended, which is not so simple..

They try to mix the points, saying christian sisters go to the beach with their dresses.. but this is "profesional" uniform, not individual decision..

Then another problem one lady who got a fine last week end said she didn't wear a burkini.. she was wearing a legging, a long tunique, and a veil... Here we go again.. "you cannot fine me, as it is not a burquini.. I have the right to go to the beach with my kids".. Yes you have, but, then, dress accordingly to beach dress code..

I don't even want to go back to France for holidays due to this type of attitude... I can't stand those black crows hanging all over the place

Have a nice day

Have a nice day..

23 minutes ago, jaidam said:

Is it naive to hope that the" intelligence agencies" are keeping close tabs on all attendees to this rally - and once a more representative government(logical as opposed to PC) comes to power these traitors will be expelled to the ME country of their choice?

So peaceful protest makes one a traitor these days.

I take it you believe this non PC government you speak of will aact in the best intrests of liberty, freedom of speach, freedom of association, innocence until found guilty in a court of law and of course freedom to protest.

33 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

I take it you believe this non PC government you speak of will aact in the best intrests of liberty, freedom of speach, freedom of association, innocence until found guilty in a court of law and of course freedom to protest.

They are protesting AGAINST classical civilization, liberty, freedom of speech, freedom of association. They are protesting for sharia, and the enslavement of women, with all the accoutrements of islamic society. Yes, IMO that makes them traitors. Far better they remove themselves from the secular world and relocate to a strict islamic country where they can wear their veils without ramming their religious ideals down the throats of Europids.

33 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

They are protesting AGAINST classical civilization, liberty, freedom of speech, freedom of association. They are protesting for sharia, and the enslavement of women, with all the accoutrements of islamic society. Yes, IMO that makes them traitors. Far better they remove themselves from the secular world and relocate to a strict islamic country where they can wear their veils without ramming their religious ideals down the throats of Europids.

26 minutes ago, jaidam said:

The protestors did not express support for Sharia Law or veils, but against the current ban of burkinis on some French beaches, indeed some of the protestors wore bikinis.

Yet again your wording exposes your support for neo Nazi ideology, underlined by your very recent support for anti Semitic posts. Given the opportunity I have no doubt you would be one of the first to wear the black uniform.

Edited by simple1

27 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Will armed police ban, fine, or force these women to undress too?

Cp-fhXwWgAAdyvX.jpg

Just another example of religious bigotry and hypocrisy.

So much for liberté, égalité, fraternité. Shame on you France!

Proof that what really has to banned is all religion for any hope of peace on earth and good will.

31 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Cp-fhXwWgAAdyvX.jpg

I suppose that depends a lot on when the picture was taken.

It probably also depends on how the regulations are written.   Nuns are members of a specific class and this is a part of what could be considered a uniform.   At any rate, I very much doubt that they are going to be going in the water.   

1 hour ago, jaidam said:

Sadly

Yes

It's a shame these people don't sit outside known places in the UK that harbour terrorist ideologies like certain Mosques etc.

Or walk the streets in vocal protests when another Muslim attack happens in Europe.

Liberals, yeah, i get it, i'm a racist. I saved you a post :)

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Any dress whereby the person inside it becomes unrecognizable should be banned from use in public ! Our whole security rests on being able to see who does what, plain and simple :)

Remember the teacher in England who was dismissed for refusing to teach without a face veil  ?

She kicked up shit but luckily the industrial tribunal ruled her dismissal was not unfair.

My daughter is long past school age but I would have kicked up hell if one of her teachers had been allowed in class with her face covered.

We need more action to counter balance the attitudes in the west that have subordinated a way of life and culture to the demands of a minority.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

35 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Cp-fhXwWgAAdyvX.jpg

I would doubt it very much, as it is probably not one of the 15 beaches that have currently banned the burkini.

As an afterthought. Nobody was forced to undress. They were asked to comply with a local law or leave the beach and some also received a small fine for breaking the local law.

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

The protestors did not express support for Sharia Law or veils, but against the current ban of burkinis on some French beaches, indeed some of the protestors wore bikinis.

Yet again your wording exposes your support for neo Nazi ideology, underlined by your very recent support for anti Semitic posts. Given the opportunity I have no doubt you would be one of the first to wear the black uniform.

This thread is not about Jews. I have neither made nor liked any anti-semitic post on purpose. My stance is against all religions and pro personal freedoms which is why I occasionally offer criticism of islam. You must be confusing me with another forum member. May I remind you that stalking is frowned upon on this forum and that you have accused me now several times of making anti-semitic posts(which is incredibly ironic given your pro-islamist stance and the view of islamists against jews!).

15 minutes ago, Credo said:

I suppose that depends a lot on when the picture was taken.

It probably also depends on how the regulations are written.   Nuns are members of a specific class and this is a part of what could be considered a uniform.   At any rate, I very much doubt that they are going to be going in the water.   

Uniform/dress code?...you're playing with semantics. Everyone knows nuns dress this way to preserve their modesty and religious vows...same as Muslim women.

Nuns dont go in the sea?...Try these, or google images "nuns bathing in sea" for lots more pics... a few nice bikini bottoms there too!:w00t:

Nuns-on-beach-640x480.jpg

Edited by dexterm

2 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Uniform/dress code?...you're playing with semantics. Everyone knows nuns dress this way to preserve their modesty and religious vows...same as Muslim women.

Nuns dont go in the sea?...Try these, or google images "nuns bathing in sea" for lots more pics...

Nuns-on-beach-640x480.jpg

Could you please post a Photo and a link to any story that shows nuns dressed like this on any of the beaches that have banned the burkini.

Otherwise your photo's are off topic and make you sound desperate.

Just saying.

8 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

I would doubt it very much, as it is probably not one of the 15 beaches that have currently banned the burkini.

As an afterthought. Nobody was forced to undress. They were asked to comply with a local law or leave the beach and some also received a small fine for breaking the local law.

49 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Cp-fhXwWgAAdyvX.jpg

Yes, that vision of nuns had crossed my mine, but at least, their faces are identifiable.

A few years back, going through Immigration at an un-named Asian  airport, two Arab women passed thru wearing full burqa's ....no removal or lifting for ID!! Unbelievable. Yet Muslim countries enforce their dress requirements.

10 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

Could you please post a Photo and a link to any story that shows nuns dressed like this on any of the beaches that have banned the burkini.

Otherwise your photo's are off topic and make you sound desperate.

Just saying.

Or the Nuns religion flying planes into buildings or running down people in an HGV down a prom.

The comparison with the nuns is not relevant:

-- would there have been a priest with these nuns I guess he also would be fully dressed if none of them intended to go swimming  into the water ( beach or swimming pool)

- these nuns are not going to bath in their uniforms 

- when nuns go bathing in swimming pools, or beaches, you would not notice them them because they wear usual bathing suits  - same for the priests . They dress with modesty too in all circumstancies. This is not a matter of prudery.

So there is no difference on this point between nuns for being women and priests for being men.

Edited by Opl

Peoople who constantly claim "not in my name" when suitable for them, should also pay special attention to the context they live in today - this summer - on the french Riviera.

Don't accuse others to paint you with the same brush ..etc .. when you don't differenciate clearly with those who finally act and speak in your name - because finally the impact  is the same whatever your position is.  

OR.... print " not in my name" on your burkini, and protest firmly agains radicalized islam , instead of protesting against France .

Have a try.

Edited by Opl