NON O Multi Entry (Thai Wife) Penang

Hi,

Not due until Feb but planning ahead for early flight offers. 

I have several Multi entry Non Os in my passport (based upon having a Thai wife) from various places,  last year was UK,  2 years prior were from Savannakhet.

Was thinking about Penang Malaysia this time as its so much easier to get to from Phuket, and would not need to make early flight bookings. I've seen mixed reports but looks like it might be possible with 100K Baht proof, is this correct or is it 400K Baht as I have read also, 100K in my Thai account is no problem, 400K maybe could do IF they would accept the equivalent from a UK bank (assuming the £ is still worth anything by Feb).

Any recent experiences re financials and other requirements appreciated, (I did contact a couple of Penang agents/guesthouses by email a long time ago, one was vague the other I dont think replied).

Thanks.

According to recent posts they want to see 400k  baht in the bank to get a multiple entry non-o now. For a single entry it is 200k baht in the bank. In the past they have accepted proof of it in a foreign bank.

You need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

According to recent posts they want to see 400k  baht in the bank to get a multiple entry non-o now. For a single entry it is 200k baht in the bank. In the past they have accepted proof of it in a foreign bank.

You need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card. 

Thanks, I will try and talk to Penang Consulate directly and see what they say but Savan may be the safer but longer option.

37 minutes ago, cordaci said:

Just got one but payed roughly double the normal price at one of the agents.

had no docs except my passport and marriage cert, no bank book or tamien baan.

Thanks could be useful, a bit pricey but need to compare to the cost of 2 flights each way Phuket to Savan + using a whole visa page for Lao Visa + Lao Visa fees + the nights needed to be away.  Do you mind sharing the agents name and contact details if you have it (PM if you prefer)? Thanks

Edited by alphason
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm recently getting a multi entry Non O based on having a Thai wife and using a non Thai acount to show the 400K Baht?

One agent has said yes no problem can show the print out from my UK online banking, another says No needs to be a Thai bank book. The consuate directly does not reply. (normally I would not use an agent but it only adds 70MYR  so worth it). Some older reports say its possible and can use the online printout but can't find anything recent

Going to book the flights for a trip in Feb in next few days, but would feel more confident to get some recent confirmation - Thank you.