Prospects for young Thai people

Apostate

The problem is not unique to Thailand. All countries have the same issues. Robotics, artificial intelligence and globalisation have all come together to reduce full-time employment in favour of cheap part-time labour.

Politicians in most countries are trying to cover this up by massaging the statistics so one hour's work per week carries the same weighting as 40 hours. The employment emperor has no clothes.

To be honest, some of the unconnected graduates who land jobs in Bangkok or the huge industrial areas stretching all around the Central Plains and the Eastern region, are very well paid when all the allowances are factored in in relation to their output. Phone allowance, travel allowance, housing allowance, annual bonus of several months' salary can make a salary of 60,000 Baht a month morph into 1.5 million a year. Add to that the bizarre sick days allowance, personal leave, annual leave and business leave which are all maxed out, and you get a pretty cushy deal.

The key thing seems to be if the family can pay to keep the kids in school till M. 6. This is often the deal-breaker in terms of social divide and future opportunities. A bit like the old 11+ exam in the UK.

3 hours ago, MissAndry said:

When he/she's got you bent over the railing, don't forget to hold on TIGHT!

(and check the railings can support both your weights)

I get this feeling I'm listening to the voice of experience.

2 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

No sex please I'm British, and I'm not keen on men no matter how they are dressed.

But I thought you could swing both ways with a ladyboy. Not that I have experience, mind. Happily hetero.

I'll have to exclude the proposition you are batting for the other side, now that you've disclosed your nationality.

Edited by bazza40
Addition

Bot my sister in laws without any 'connections' bought their own homes and cars with cash within a few short years of becoming graduates. Back in Australia besides one of two graduates I know most are still either on centerlink, working low life retail jobs, paying rent and angry at all the successful immigrants that come in and buy the premium homes they will never own.  

12 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well with all the immigrants arriving in the UK the only way for some UK girls to score enough points to get government housing being on the council housing list is to knock out as many kids they can to get a place of there own.

And your last paragraph well it does happen.  :D

What are you talking about?

Social housing has been made available to single mothers in the UK for decades, long before mass immigration ramped up.

I've never seen a poster of a Western pensioner on any young Thai girl's bedroom wall. 

Have you?

Edited by Agent Sumo

2 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

What are you talking about?

Social housing has been made available to single mothers in the UK for decades, long before mass immigration ramped up.

I've never seen a poster of a Western pensioner on any young Thai girl's bedroom wall. 

Have you?

You seem a bit obnoxious to try and communicate with but l'm talking of now not years ago.

In the South of England it is neigh on impossible to get council housing they can only rent.

No l have never seen a poster of a western pensioner on a young Thai girl's bedroom wall have you been trying to find one, your sounding a bit kinky to me but l have seen a photograph of a western pensioner on a young Thai girl's bedroom wall,  it's me. :lol: :lol:

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You seem a bit obnoxious to try and communicate with but l'm talking of now not years ago.

In the South of England it is neigh on impossible to get council housing they can only rent.

No l have never seen a poster of a western pensioner on a young Thai girl's bedroom wall have you been trying to find one, your sounding a bit kinky to me but l have seen a photograph of a western pensioner on a young Thai girl's bedroom wall,  it's me. :lol: :lol:

Your original post tried to suggest that some British teenage girls are getting pregnant to get social housing because of all the immigrants.

That's pure BS. Teenage girls were doing that years before immigration exploded

I'll leave you to expend your few remaining braincells trying to understand

3 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Have you?

I don't think I've seen posters of Thai men either, Koreans and Japanese ...... Yes.

Edited by MissAndry

18 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

But somehow they neglect to teach that at school.....:facepalm:

Same in the West, fundamental finance is deliberately omitted from education of the masses, and  always has been,

I would recommend reading "Second Chance" or "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

3 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Your original post tried to suggest that some British teenage girls are getting pregnant to get social housing because of all the immigrants.

That's pure BS. Teenage girls were doing that years before immigration exploded

I'll leave you to expend your few remaining braincells trying to understand

I think you are suffering from machiavellianism.  :lol:

Young Thai's having a solid financial background (affluent Family), enabling them  to study overseas, (where Diplomas can not be bought), upon their return, can truly have a golden future in Thailand. All others will have to develop some sort of "Business Skills", or waiting to win the lottery, or waiting for the "Right Farang" to enter their lives.

What else is there?

Come to think of it: Is the youth of Europe/US better off? = The "lost generation" etc etc?

An old Chinese proverb says, anticipating "Hard Times": "We will live in interesting times." Indeed, there are indications that the "youth of the world" will live in "interesting times", globally, not only in Thailand.

Being old, may turn out to be a blessing, instead of a curse.

Cheers.

Hilariously deluded are some of the comments on this thread.

Thanks for the laughs. :lol:

Restaurants are booming...bars are full of young Thais having fun...condos springing up everywhere...coffee shops packed out with people sipping expensive concoctions.

Perhaps the rate of growth is not so evident in the wilds of Issan where most of our fine contributors appear to reside.

:D

I know of one Thai who was earning 28k Baht a month in a simple office job 2 years ago who is now making 50k Baht a month.

She has minimal qualifications really...good contacts she has I will admit but she is delighted with her salary.

That is the lower end of the spectrum for the uninformed...I won't get into the 200k Baht a month or more bunch right now for fear of some weak hearts on the forum. :P

On 05/09/2016 at 11:14 AM, MissAndry said:

I find the young Thais generally seem happier than the young people I know in London.

They don't seem to worry so much about the future, and just enjoy now.

Milton Keynes not exactly london. Londoners young and old are some of the happiest. Well they were until BREXIT. 

sounds like you're hanging out with lower class thais.

the children of my thai friends, normal middle class educated professionals, are laywers, air traffic controller, doctor, occupational therapist, HR manager to name a few... no connections just smart, educated, hard working children

11 hours ago, samsensam said:

sounds like you're hanging out with lower class thais.

the children of my thai friends, normal middle class educated professionals, are laywers, air traffic controller, doctor, occupational therapist, HR manager to name a few... no connections just smart, educated, hard working children

Well sorry find that a bit hard to believe,  no connections really with jobs like that and only to name a few.  :whistling:

Also a bit of low punch, Falangies hanging out with lower class Thais oh dear that will not do will it.  :)

If l hadn't of what l assume you would refer to as being low class Thais helped my step son he wouldn't be where he is now.

On the contrary it sounds like to me the OP feels concern,  I also feel sorry for what l see as a great number of young poor Thais in and around Thailand as a whole not just in Isaan as some posters keep using as an example.

On 07/09/2016 at 6:56 AM, Kwasaki said:

Well sorry find that a bit hard to believe,  no connections really with jobs like that and only to name a few.  :whistling:

Also a bit of low punch, Falangies hanging out with lower class Thais oh dear that will not do will it.  :)

If l hadn't of what l assume you would refer to as being low class Thais helped my step son he wouldn't be where he is now.

On the contrary it sounds like to me the OP feels concern,  I also feel sorry for what l see as a great number of young poor Thais in and around Thailand as a whole not just in Isaan as some posters keep using as an example.

Sounds to me like this chap affected those around him and created a change in mindset somewhere!