Ballpoint Pen Ink Removal From Wallpaper?

slippery when wet

not the best way to go, so wait til you get a few other response, if nothing comes up then try this.....but I wouldnt use it on strong color wallpaper...only if you have something like white or ivory or such other soft tones

find this eraser type thing (its like a pencil that has white lead and is used for erasing ink on paper...in the very old fashioned way

sorry i dont know what you call them, but they are available in thailand, ask at stationary shop (not those liquid paper thing)

but as said....wait for some other better advice. this is a very make-shift solution and care must be taken it doesnt ruin your wall even more!!!

Forget it it's wrecked.

To get rid of it would be too aggresive and it's going to damage the paper, if you try and cover it up the ink will bleed back through.

Take a deep breath, sit down, have a cup of tea or even a little cry. :o

Hi all

My little boy had an improvised art lesson by drawing all over my newly decorated living room. Any ideas on how to remove blue biro/ballpoint pen from wallpaper.

Thanks

Slippery

Hello Mr. Slippery. I think that you're between the devil and the deep blue sea. If you use a water based solvent to try to remove the ink then you'll probably loosen, not only the surface of the wallpaper, but the adhesive too. If you use an organic solvent then you'll probably remove, not only the ballpoint ink, but also dissolve any pattern. Both attempts will abrade the paper finish also and that will look even worse than the ballpoint marks. So, removal of the marks is a lost cause.

As it is a newly-decorated room, I guess that you'll have some wallpaper left. You could always remove the disfigured length and rehang with new. If the marks are confined to a very small area, you could try pinning (temporarily) a new piece of wallpaper directly over the damaged area so that the pattern of the new piece aligns precisely with that of the damaged piece. After the pins are removed, you won't notice the pinholes. Then, with a very sharp craft knife cut through both layers of paper. Peel off the damaged part and replace with the new template so that the pattern matches exactly. Run a seam roller around the joins and within a few days you won't notice the repair.

From http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remov...-ink-stains.htm

Remove Ink Stains From:

Wallpaper

Try removing any ink with a soft eraser. Work in small movements to avoid tearing the paper. If the stain persists, wipe the area with a cloth or sponge moistened with cool clear water. Overlap the strokes to avoid streaking. Use a clean cloth to gently pat dry.

There is a chemical called Hydrogen Peroxide, which you may be able to get hold of from a chemist. You have to mix it with water. We used it to remove red wine from a white carpet and you would not even know that wine had been spilt. I am not not sure if it can be used with paper but it seems it can be used for most things. Do a search for removing stains with hydrogen peroxide. I can't remember the dilution ratio. Also, be very careful not to get this chemical in the eyes as it is very harmful to the eyes. Good luck.