Prayut to attend G77 meeting in New York

snoop1130

PM to represent Thailand at UN General Assembly

WASAMON AUDJARINT
THE NATION 

30294684-01_big.jpg

Prayut

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha will attend the United Nations General Assembly in New York later this month focusing on the conclusion of the Thai chairmanship of the Group of 77.

The Cabinet yesterday also approved Thailand's position paper to be presented during the 71st General Assembly starting next Tuesday.

Thailand will emphasise its role pushing for benefits for developing countries in its capacity as leader of the Group of 77. It will also highlight principles of the sufficiency economy as a mechanism to achieve the UN's goals on sustainable development.

The approach is in response to the General Assembly's theme "The Sustainable Development Goals: A universal push to transform our world".

The position paper focuses on nine principles: support for sustainable economic development, international security and peacekeeping, development in Africa, support for human rights, efficient coordination of humanitarian aid, support for international jurisdiction, weapons reduction and combating transnational terrorism, crime and drugs, and organisational development

According to assistant government spokesman Colonel Atisith Chainuvati, Prayut is scheduled to leave for New York on September 18 and will spend almost a week there.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-to-represent-Thailand-at-UN-General-Assembly-30294684.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-06

The World is the PM's oyster and his subjects should be proud of him. Perhaps a personal invite by the President himself for the PM to visit him in Camp David for a one on one meeting might not be out of the question. 

The guy can't even speak English and who is even going to take the time to hear the idiot despot give one of his Friday night lectures.  Yes I know he will return and the media will report how the world loves and worships him and how the world is adopting thainess. 

2 minutes ago, Thechook said:

The guy can't even speak English and who is even going to take the time to hear the idiot despot give one of his Friday night lectures.  Yes I know he will return and the media will report how the world loves and worships him and how the world is adopting thainess. 

The press releases on his success could actually be made before he even leaves as his   '  success,  support and understanding for what's being done,   the road map etc.  '   is a given.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

The press releases on his success could actually be made before he even leaves as his   '  success,  support and understanding for what's being done,   the road map etc.  '   is a given.

NKK please replace the words "could actually be made" in your post with "have been". 

Additionally you forgot to mention all the other associated missives that will follow, "Tourism up after successfull UN speach"; "Foreign investment up.......";  "GDP up....."; "Exports up....."; "Happiness up...." and of course my favourite "Bovine excrement up".

7 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

NKK please replace the words "could actually be made" in your post with "have been". 

Additionally you forgot to mention all the other associated missives that will follow, "Tourism up after successfull UN speach"; "Foreign investment up.......";  "GDP up....."; "Exports up....."; "Happiness up...." and of course my favourite "Bovine excrement up".

You're right of course and I do apologize but I thought I'd leave room for his official spokespeople to do their thing and toot the horn for him.

I'm not his only fan boy you know  !   :D

The photo says more than words.  I guess he is really enjoying all these "trips" he seems to be going on, currently running at several a month.  The fact that he can says a lot about international politicians, bunch of self-serving wimps, with backbones akin to jellyfish.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The position paper focuses on nine principles: support for sustainable economic development, international security and peacekeeping, development in Africa, support for human rights, efficient coordination of humanitarian aid, support for international jurisdiction, weapons reduction and combating transnational terrorism, crime and drugs, and organisational development

What about peace in the Middle East, nuclear containment......someone just made up a list.  I would love to see the details.