Like taking candy from a baby - Thai women want a western husband so badly they are easily parted from their money

webfact

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Almost as bad as a murderer They kill your heart and bank balance Throw them in jail for 30 years They deserve it

Almost as bad as a murderer lol.. really!? Taking away a life, ending  life short, whilst causing dozens if not hundreds of other people to have a loss as well due to them being killed; this is almost the same as losing a bit of money to a scam artist??

MaterialistWorldIsHere.mp4

17 minutes ago, hdkane said:

A long time ago, I had a Thai gf who fell for this scam.  Her family did not like me because I did not support them.  So they encouraged her to find a new bf on a dating website.  I found out she was cheating (at least on the internet) when she borrowed the life savings of her family to send to her "new bf" who needed the money to clear customs and deliver her millions of baht in gold.  The best part was that the family (who knew she was ditching me for the new bf)  wanted me to reimburse everyone who gave my gf money.  After my stunned reaction, all I could do was scratch my head and smile. As further evidence of Thai character, her family ostracized her when I wouldn't pay.  

Only Thais in that position could have asked you to replace that money.. holy cow lol. A bit of cosmic justice must have felt good though 

14 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

My God, where do you people meet these women? I've been here nearly a decade and not once have I met jokers like this

In the past i've met Thai women (just in normal life) who within a minute offered to take care of me, make baby and i pay for family okay mai?

They are simply everywhere and i guess for sure on those datingwebsites.

I also know a Thai girl who married a rich Thai industrial (not even sure if they got married though) but he cheated on her and got another girl pregnant...he left her but she could keep the house from 10million which was paid....

Now she lives overseas, bought herself into a business to get a new passport but is in a big fight to get her money out of that business.

3 minutes ago, adhd said:

sorry to ask, but nigerians or other african men, what good are they in thailand, if it is not to scam or deal in drugs ?

Many are here to do legitimate business.

Nigeria is a major trading partner for Thailand.

I live in Nana/Asoke area of Bangkok and see plenty of African business people walking around.

One could reasonably ask what many of the Brits, Yanks and other farangs are doing here.

News and anecdotes of the negative aspects of what they get up to here - sex tourism, paedophilia etc - are far more widespread abroad than the scams and drug dealing on Lower Sukhumvit 

Lordy. lordy, lordy!

Another disgusting Nigerian crook in Thailand.  They shouldn't be hard to round up.  Pick up any along Sukhumvit up to Asoke and the chances are they'll be Nigerian, here illegally and always up to no good.

Fly them out and dump them over the ocean.

Typically Sumo jumps in for the defense. Defending by distraction. 

I wonder what he/she's doing here exactly?  It seems strange to leap to the defense of scammers consistently simply based on their colour. 

Racism IS a two-way street.

cue outraged blue spunk and agent sumo.........

Edited by saminoz

13 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Lordy. lordy, lordy!

Another disgusting Nigerian crook in Thailand.  They shouldn't be hard to round up.  Pick up any along Sukhumvit up to Asoke and the chances are they'll be Nigerian, here illegally and always up to no good.

Fly them out and dump them over the ocean.

Typically Sumo jumps in for the defense. Defending by distraction. 

I wonder what he/she's doing here exactly?  It seems strange to leap to the defense of scammer consistently simply based on their colour. 

Racism IS a two-way street.

cue outraged blue spunk and agent sumo.........

Defending by distraction?? Nope. I freely accept that there are African dealers, pimps and scammers here in abundance but the question I responded to specifically asked what Africans are doing here.

I simply asked what North Americans and Europeans are doing here - sorry if the answer to that represents a truth you find painful

Oh and wonder all you like about my reason for being here exactly. Do you leap to the defence of a white paedophile or boiler room operative simply because of his colour? I'd hope not but you accuse me of that just because this guy's a Nigerian. Last time I checked, Nigerian was a nationality, not a race.

Edited by Agent Sumo

A long-standing friend of my ex-wife travelled 350 km  from Bangkok to holiday with us for a week, but after four days she disappeared with my wife's almost new motor cycle, (cost 46000 bahts) which we discovered she then sold without any documentation in Bangkok for 12000 bahts.  When my wife called the police (who required 5000 bahts to do anything) and they eventually arrested the girl, she said she was "shocked and hurt" that  we had involved the police, as she and my wife were "friends" and we could (in her opinion) easily afford to buy another bike. That seems to be the Thai way of thinking.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Then some immigration official says they have him but can't release him until a fee is paid. So because you're so desperate for the free loot, you're willing to break the law and bribe a government officer? 

Well, the women wouldn't think for a moment that there was anything wrong in bribing a government officer. It's just expected and the way of life in this wonderful country.

8 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

A long-standing friend of my ex-wife travelled 350 km  from Bangkok to holiday with us for a week, but after four days she disappeared with my wife's almost new motor cycle, (cost 46000 bahts) which we discovered she then sold without any documentation in Bangkok for 12000 bahts.  When my wife called the police (who required 5000 bahts to do anything) and they eventually arrested the girl, she said she was "shocked and hurt" that  we had involved the police, as she and my wife were "friends" and we could (in her opinion) easily afford to buy another bike. That seems to be the Thai way of thinking.

And what happened to the girl after the arrest. 500 baht fine so she was 11,500 baht to the good?

8 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Only at the lower end of the social ladder, mate.

At the very least the  headline should be in inverted commas. Not all Thai women - in fact very few except for the bar girl type - think like this or even want Western husbands at all. Taken as is, the headline is deeply insulting to Thai women as a whole. Thai Visa should not impose, consciously or otherwise, the tunnel vision of so many Pattaya residents on the rest of us.

It is offensive, shallow, and simply wrong.

7 minutes ago, dru2 said:

At the very least the  headline should be in inverted commas. Not all Thai women - in fact very few except for the bar girl type - think like this or even want Western husbands at all. Taken as is, the headline is deeply insulting to Thai women as a whole. Thai Visa should not impose, consciously or otherwise, the tunnel vision of so many Pattaya residents on the rest of us.

It is offensive, shallow, and simply wrong.

Well said and totally correct.

sure there are bad elements here and there... In every country, each with their own particular (unsavoury) flavour. 

I've lived here 9 years and many of my male friends are in their 40's. They have never had Thai women approach them and they are fit, American, athletes in good shape.

Most Thai women are shy and even if you speak Thai, they are very defensive initially, but hard to get to know as many seem disinterested at first meeting them in the malls, on the BTS or even in the neighborhood.

I've never had a Thai woman approach me and initiate conversation.

It seems they have no problem conversing on the Internet, trusting content, alleged recent photos and all the bs nonsense.

Many are hungry for security and love and will sit next to an American businessman wearing an expensive suit, sport jacket in a restaurant, coffee shop or on the BTS and make no attempt to meet him.  A simple hello and smile could change her life.

Many foreign women in the world are now married to wealthy men and flying on private jets,  cruising on private yachts and live in multi million dollar homes by simply being first to initiate conversation, smiling, and making the first move. 

Ladies, fast track yourself with a hello, and a smile.  Women have the power, but seldom use it at the right time.  There is a good life waiting for you.

Up to you!

3 hours ago, JAG said:

A friend of my wife is heading  (I reckon) for such a sting. She has "met" a man on Facebook.  He claims that he is a manager in the petroleum business in London and  has lots of money. He is going to come to Thailand, and buy her a house, car and farm. At the moment he is having a problem with getting a visa (?).

I was shown his Facebook photo - late 30s, well groomed, South Asian or Middle Eastern at a guess.  My wife's friend is in her early 40s, quite attractive but not a stunner.

I tried to explain my doubts but "you don't understand,  he loves her. .."

Ah yes, she got a problem there , believe me.