Pol Gen Wuthi Liptapallop transferred to PM’s Office as an inspector-general

webfact

Pol Gen Wuthi Liptapallop transferred to PM’s Office as an inspector-general

wuthi-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy national police chief Pol Gen Wuthi Liptapallop has been removed from his post and transferred to the Prime Minister’s Office as an inspector-general.

The removal of Pol Gen Wuthi, younger brother of Chart Pattana party leader Suwat, from the police service to become a civil servant was a result of Section 44 of the interim constitution invoked by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ochan, said the source, insisting that Wuthi was ranked at C11 level as an inspector-general which is higher than C10 level of being deputy national police chief.

An informed source in the Royal Thai Police said that Pol Gen Wuthi was “kicked upstairs” because he was put in charge of overseeing crime cases involving foreigners and he failed to resolve several foreigner-related crime cases.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pol-gen-wuthi-liptapallop-transferred-pms-office-inspector-general/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-28

On 9/28/2016 at 2:47 PM, colinneil said:

Failed to resolve cases and gets promotion????

Surely if you fail in something you get demoted.

Ahh i am only a  farang, and farangs do not understand Thainess :cheesy:

You obviously haven't worked in the Oil business.

<deleted> up, move up" is a very old cliche. I suspect it's true in most large organizations...

Promote someone to a position where they can either be closely supervised, or, they have nothing to do.

On 9/28/2016 at 2:47 PM, colinneil said:

Failed to resolve cases and gets promotion????

Surely if you fail in something you get demoted.

Ahh i am only a  farang, and farangs do not understand Thainess :cheesy:

I remember quite a few people getting moved side-wards or shoved upwards as a means of getting a non performer out the way. It seemed once you got to a certain level non performance never resulted in demotion or termination.

And that was in British, French and American MNC's. Always amazed me and still seems the practice.

I have never experienced any industry where there are more useless and clueless people in upper-tier and management positions, especially in Houston, TX.

Big business is always infested with top class idiots who try to impress by passing the buck using pretentious jargon that even they themselves don't understand never-mind it's receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I remember quite a few people getting moved side-wards or shoved upwards as a means of getting a non performer out the way. It seemed once you got to a certain level non performance never resulted in demotion or termination.

And that was in British, French and American MNC's. Always amazed me and still seems the practice.

During my time in Hong Kong there's was a standard response that was trotted out every time a senior civil servant appeared to have screwed up that they'd be promoted as the govt was big on admitting someone had got things wrong..

Often there was an admission, of sorts, things had gone wrong but avoiding naming names, pointing fingers etc.and the explanation was a failure in the system which would naturally be reviewed.

I have to say the dept I worked in was very strict on disciplinary matters but it was all in house and usually not broadcast.