Hungarians urge the government to 'See the human' in pro-migration rally

rooster59

Hungarians urge the government to 'See the human' in pro-migration rally

606x341_345456.jpg

On Friday (September 30), the Hungarian parliament in Budapest set the scene for a rally organisers have named ‘See the human!’

Hundreds gathered with slogans calling for a humane Hungary. During the course of the rally, local artists took part in a performance they called ‘Testimony’ in which they created a piece of artwork called ‘Aleppo’, to remember victims of the Syrian war.

“This picture, the artwork created and this gesture goes far beyond the referendum. The vote is a shameful mark on my country’s history, and I think it causes deep injury that we have to start to heal.”

Hungary is to vote on Sunday (October 2) in a referendum on the EU’s controversial refugee quotas. Opponents of the vote see it as a cover-up to divert attention away from perceived government corruption.

“We have to see the human in the refugees and not the bad things. We don’t agree with the government, which in the last few months has been preparing and carrying out a hate campaign,” one attendee said.

Another man took his baby daughter to the demonstration.

“What we’ve discovered is that many people can be turned into fanatics, which is horrifying. And we think – especially with the baby in my arms – that we want her to live in a more normal country. So it is important to be here,” he told euronews.

The organisers hope the artwork will travel the world, encouraging others to make their own work on Aleppo, until there is peace in Syria. Its first stop will be Serbia.

Their aim, they say, is to send the message that love and acceptance do not mean danger.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-10-01

Hungary has difficulties keeping it's young workers home who prefer to migrate to other european ( UK, Germany, Austria...) countries where the wages are 3 times higher compared to what they would in Hungary.

Even when firms in Hungary offer housing + wages, it's still not enough to compete - so Hungary is in need of workers - but it's people and government refuse migrants from " different cultures" - they'd prefer Hungarians from Serbia for instance.. but it would not be sufficient.

So Hungary has the solution to offer the vacant jobs to Romani people living in Hungary already .. a population that has been discriminated and still is.

49 minutes ago, johna said:

80% of Hungarians will vote NO tomorrow, another kick up the butt for the EU.

And you think that's a good thing? Well that's just great. Thankfully there are still some decent, humane people left! People like you depress me. Never a positive thought, just negativity.

36 minutes ago, Grouse said:

And you think that's a good thing? Well that's just great. Thankfully there are still some decent, humane people left! People like you depress me. Never a positive thought, just negativity.

Did you buy that flat in Edinburgh ?

How many migrants are you housing ?

It would be the decent, humane thing to do that you espouse.

16 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Thousands of Hungarian refugees sought and gained asylum in the UK and other countries following the Soviet crackdown on an uprising in the Fifties. Some people have short memories.

True. But civilised Hungarians are not wild Afghan tribal boys or ISIS in disguise. 

15 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Thousands of Hungarian refugees sought and gained asylum in the UK and other countries following the Soviet crackdown on an uprising in the Fifties. Some people have short memories.

Quite the contrary, Hungarians have very long memories. Like they have not forgotten the ottoman atrocities commited  during the occupation of their country by the turks for 2 centuries (1521-1699). There is no love lost between catholic Hungary and islam in any form, least of all islamic economic migrants who will be a drain on the hungarian welfare system.

Apart from anything else, the Hungarian refugees , almost to a man, always meant to go back to their home country, and most of them did. The islamic migrant will never, ever want to go back to their home country, judging by the number of algerians, turks and maroccans already living in the rich west european welfare states.

Hungarys quota was 1300

The latest figures i have seen is 639 asylum seekers and 26,000 applied for refuge

However what is not  being discussed is Hungarys residency bond scheme aimed at non eu investors to  obtain Hungarian residency permit and access to  Schengan, currently  4000 have been accepted

1 hour ago, rockingrobin said:

Hungarys quota was 1300

The latest figures i have seen is 639 asylum seekers and 26,000 applied for refuge

However what is not  being discussed is Hungarys residency bond scheme aimed at non eu investors to  obtain Hungarian residency permit and access to  Schengan, currently  4000 have been accepted

How many refugees can afford euro 360,000.

16 hours ago, SgtRock said:

Did you buy that flat in Edinburgh ?

How many migrants are you housing ?

It would be the decent, humane thing to do that you espouse.

Yes, and currently let.

You are correct that it would have been more charitable and humane to donate it for refugee use

Realistically, I think our countries are obliged to assist genuine refugees. As you know, I am anti Muslim but I stand by that priciple

What gets me is your continuous negative attitude to everybody and every thing. What's your idea for the refugee problem?

19 minutes ago, Xircal said:

As expected an overwhelming vote NO: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37528325

Good for them too.

Unfortunately the percentage of voters didn't reach the legal requirement in Hungary which will be seized on by Brussels no doubt but there's no denying the strong feelings.

I suspect people everywhere are just fed up with voting.

Unfortunately the percentage of voters didn't reach the legal requirement in Hungary which will be seized on by Brussels no doubt but there's no denying the strong feelings.

It does not matter , just look at the Dutch referendum that did reach the legal requirement.
Today it was in the news nothing will be done with the results...

Voting in European countries is all a farce its rigged results by the PC left.

On 10/1/2016 at 6:10 PM, Grouse said:

You could move to the Calais jungle and show some solidarity with these poor lost souls, take your guitar or tambourine!!!

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Voter apathy is everywhere.

95% of those who did vote, voted against, even higher than predicted.

There is now a case of making voting compulsory for all registered voters, not just in Hungary but across the West as a whole.

1 hour ago, johna said:

You could move to the Calais jungle and show some solidarity with these poor lost souls, take your guitar or tambourine!!!

I have no sympathy with the people camping in Calais. They are not at risk in France.

I don't think they would appreciate my style of electric blues anyway...

1 hour ago, SgtRock said:

There is now a case of making voting compulsory for all registered voters, not just in Hungary but across the West as a whole.

The Hungarians voted strategically and won as a result. Well done them!

2 hours ago, SgtRock said:

Be careful what you wish for

With compulsory voting, I doubt your precious Brexit would have won

Then again, I wouldn't have universal suffrage anyway ?

5 hours ago, SgtRock said:

I would respectfully disagree. Why should I be forced to turn up and vote for candidates I don't like any more than be forced into a shop and made to buy things I don't want?

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

I would respectfully disagree. Why should I be forced to turn up and vote for candidates I don't like any more than be forced into a shop and made to buy things I don't want?

We can agree to disagree :thumbsup:

Easy to add an additional line on the ballot paper

'' None of the above ''

At the very least it would save a whole load of arguments

7 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

We can agree to disagree :thumbsup:

Easy to add an additional line on the ballot paper

'' None of the above ''

At the very least it would save a whole load of arguments

Now that might be a different matter if there was a 'Non of the Above' tick box in order to voice your displeasure, yes. Spoilt papers don't work as they are simply ignored / put down to imbeciles. 

13 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

It didn't meet the 50% figure due to a low turnout according to the BBC, but those that did vote sided with PM Orban unanimously.

On the other hand Orban's right wing government has been restricting freedom of the Press and independence of the judiciary according to this site so I guess he isn't so popular in some circles.