Welding Electrodes - 2mm

JT65

Hi All

Just purchased a small machine to do some welding.  I have found that the only size Welding Electrodes they seem to have here in Chiang Mai is 2.6mm.

Im doing some fine work and really need to source some 2mm Electrodes. We have them in Australia but i cannot find them anywhere here.

Does anyone have any idea where i could find these rods in Thailand?

Any info appreciated.

JT65

Hi 

No they don't.

Everywhere up here only has 2.6mm.

Im using think steel tube and just blow holes with this size.

They keep telling me that in Thailand they don't have anything under 2.6mm. I find this very hard to believe.

Thanks anyway

JT65

nope , havent seen 2mm rods in 5 years here .it is doable with 2.6 . i do car exausts with 2.6 16tc, low hydrogen rods . if your welder is ac/dc ,switch to dc,and you can even try swapping the leads over to reverse the polarity will help also .

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Can you carry welding rods in hand luggage on flights ??

I'm on my way back from France at the end of the month, could pick some up for you !!

Ask your GF

How much you need?  I still have a few pounds of 1.6mm 6013 and I'd donate a pound or so.  

I'll buy more at the Metalex trade show at BITEC next month.  23-26 November.

Edited by impulse

Thanks so much for all the info. 

The ones on Lazada, although expensive look like they will be suitable for the job at hand.

I have messaged people directly re their offers to help and again I really appreciate the feedback and help everyone gave me.

All the best.

1 hour ago, JT65 said:

Thanks so much for all the info. 

The ones on Lazada, although expensive look like they will be suitable for the job at hand.

Keep in mind the 500+ baht for 1.5kg on Lazada is for stainless rod.  I ordered a box myself.  In my local neighborhood hardware stores, they charge by single rod for SST, and $4.50 per pound seemed pretty reasonable for a small qty with delivery included.   May not be a great price, but they're hard to find in sizes smaller than 2.6mm.  Mind you, I have no current need for any SST rod, but I'm ready...