Toilet Flanges for sale in Thailand?

Grubster

I wonder if any of you know where to buy toilet " Closet "flanges here in Thailand. I live in the NE but would be happy to get in Bangkok if need be. I can't find any here and they look at me like I'm nuts when I ask. I have done my own plumbing here as I see they have no clue how. I'm very happy about all the other work they do but Plumbing in Thailand is an issue to say the least.

You should be able to buy now as Cotto provides with there top line toilets (and they are normally discarded).  These are not used here as toilet is cement mounted on tile or cement rather than attached by screws to wood or inserts.  If you let them do there own way it should be fine - and yes the toilet can be removed later if required without damage.

Am quite sure HomePro and other housing goods providers sell if you really want.  But you will likely have to install yourself. 

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You should be able to buy now as Cotto provides with there top line toilets (and they are normally discarded).  These are not used here as toilet is cement mounted on tile or cement rather than attached by screws to wood or inserts.  If you let them do there own way it should be fine - and yes the toilet can be removed later if required without damage.

Am quite sure HomePro and other housing goods providers sell if you really want.  But you will likely have to install yourself. 

Is Cotto a brand name, and are you sure they have the flanges and not just the wax rings? I have not been in many bathrooms here that did not stink of sewer gas, even in top hotels and after their cementing and chalking efforts. I will look for the Cotto toilet, it is rather amazing how many different toilets they sell here. I have asked about flanges at Home Pro, Global, Thaiwatsado, No have.

Tis true that cement the toilet to floor method is silly &

also not sanitary in the least

But you better check what is the standard rain pipe size & see if it will fit a standard flange

I have a hunch Thai blue pipe is not the same as shed 40 stuff.

If your own home easy enough to fix if a Condo maybe a bit harder

No am not positive it more than the wax rings as did not use but recall it was a box with several items in it.   Cotto is probably the largest bathroom fixture maker here in Thailand.  But the gas problem is normally not from the toilet but from the open drain without a trap (or one that has dried out).  One thing that often is not installed is an air vent from toilet so make sure they do run a pipe up for that.

Make sure floor drains are the type with ring of water and that water does not dry out.

รูปภาพ ตะแกรงกันกลิ่น เหลี่ยม FLUSSO FS-116 2

If you have a Boonthavorn near you they have all different seals from the rubber flange through to the wax seal, it's the most range that I have found in any stores

Home Pro etc do not sell these parts separately, only the kit with a toilet

Pack the rear side of the rubber seal with a wax ring anyway as a backup when you fit it, the seals here don't seem to be of very good quality and this can save you doing it again in the near future

spotted this recently at a  local shop...first time ever  seen the real deal here.....all they need to do now is increase the exit from the pan to a decent  size instead of about 2 inches!

Homepro  sell the wax  rings, expensive at 500 baht

mxBhF-QhO-z-pvATKx9B_GQ.jpg

Edited by kannot