"My boyfriend made me do it" says serial credit card fraudster

rooster59

"My boyfriend made me do it" says serial credit card fraudster

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuq7XfFpLJRZySLhk89OhMZlAxICM1NOyLfkvEcX.jpg

Image: Thairath

A serial credit card fraudster in Kanchanaburi told police after her arrest that "her boyfriend made her do it".

Natchattha Malai, 30, said that he sometimes held a gun to her head before forcing her to go to banks with fake documents to apply for credit cards.

She had been up to this scam with her boyfriend for five years and stolen a million baht in cash, she told police.

Kasikorn Bank became aware of her activities and suspected she was part of a wider operation and called in Kanchanaburi cops. They caught the woman receiving a credit card at a post office yesterday.

She soon ratted on her boyfriend Phaisan Thongserm, 34 who police are now hunting.

It is alleged that the pair put Natchattha's picture on other people's documents and then photocopied them in order to obtain credit cards from banks.

Natchattha said she was the one who went into the banks to apply for the cards that were then used to obtain cash.

She said: "My boyfriend hit me and sometimes even held a gun to my head to force me to do it".

She was detained and charged.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-08

The judicial system has convicted but not jailed lawbreakers before, based on their not having a prior criminal record.

This couple does not appear to have lived a lavish lifestyle nor wasted  the 1 million  they have bilked the banks out of over the past 5 years. Their actions resulted in monetary damage which is certainly less than the banks have inflicted on many of the customers of said banks.

If they do not find the boyfriend who is to dispute her story. Its better than ''the devil made me do it''.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I'm glad they did not mention what type of gun he held to her head, otherwise, the thread would just turn out to be another ballistics lesson from the TV weaponry experts again. 

It could have been a 9mm Owen Machine Carbine, used mainly in jungle warfare , WW2.

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I'm glad they did not mention what type of gun he held to her head, otherwise, the thread would just turn out to be another ballistics lesson from the TV weaponry experts again. 

BS ballistics and the devil made me do it. I imagine the b/f held the gun to her head when she was talking to the bank rep. The b/f is a real Svengali who has disappeared into the hinterland. It all boils down to believeability.