New parties require only 500 members

webfact

New parties require only 500 members 
By Khanittha Theppajorn

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Only 500 founding members would be required to set up a political party under the new draft bill, said Constitution Drafting Commission (CDC) spokesman Udom Rathamarit, instead of the 5,000 previously proposed by the Election Commission (EC).

Udom said the new political party law would require at least 15 initiating people to notify the EC before finding at least another 500 members inclusively from all regions and finally officially registering the party with the EC. The processes would make it easier for a new party to be formed.

The CDC also stipulated that a new party should have starting capital of at least Bt1 million raised from its founding members, with each contributing around Bt2,000 to support party activities, Udom said.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/politics/30298484

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-27

The not secret take away the power from the existing parties in Thailand goes forward. Lots of small parties to take away seats and put in people who join the un-elected? Since I can't call them what they are, lets just call the un-elected a lot like Mussolini's men. So with Mussolini's men already controlling the senate the rest of the nation's people's power is divided with their plan. This really only benefits them and the people  who supported Mussolini's man before they took over the government.

" Bt1 million raised from its founding members, with each contributing around Bt2,000 to support party activities" Why 1,000,000? Of course it keeps the poorest folks down. Don't want any poor people forming parties or having equal voice like the people who really built this nation.

Edited by Alive

3 hours ago, Alive said:

The not secret take away the power from the existing parties in Thailand goes forward. Lots of small parties to take away seats and put in people who join the un-elected? Since I can't call them what they are, lets just call the un-elected a lot like Mussolini's men. So with Mussolini's men already controlling the senate the rest of the nation's people's power is divided with their plan. This really only benefits them and the people  who supported Mussolini's man before they took over the government.

" Bt1 million raised from its founding members, with each contributing around Bt2,000 to support party activities" Why 1,000,000? Of course it keeps the poorest folks down. Don't want any poor people forming parties or having equal voice like the people who really built this nation.

Add many small parties join together = Majority Government.

...do they really think that is a good thing...???

...their opponents can now form 10 parties to oppose them instead of 1.....to confuse and disrupt things....

....wow....

...so much for a 'stable political future'....???

9 minutes ago, bark said:

If voted in by the people, then Yes.

Had that already, then ousted. I am finding that democracy is just another form of government that has failed to overcome greed anyway. I sure don't have an answer though. I wish I did. I guess we are not like bees or ants working together in harmony for the good of each other.

4 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Had that already, then ousted. I am finding that democracy is just another form of government that has failed to overcome greed anyway. I sure don't have an answer though. I wish I did. I guess we are not like bees or ants working together in harmony for the good of each other.

Thailand does not understand the idea. Vote in. If no good( Vote them out ).

Still a young Democratic Country. Give them time.

USA had a Civil War after 100 years of Democratic rule.

14 minutes ago, bark said:

Thailand does not understand the idea. Vote in. If no good( Vote them out ).

Still a young Democratic Country. Give them time.

USA had a Civil War after 100 years of Democratic rule.

Are you sure that the USA was a democracy with millions in bondage and only white males voting? I think even now the only thing the US people vote on is who gets to get paid by the elites for doing what they are paid to do. I would like to see the common people in Thailand have some say but I don't see that happening, and if it does it will only amount to the same as US voters get. So far we know for sure there will be no free elections here for eight years, unless another coup or something happens first.

2 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Are you sure that the USA was a democracy with millions in bondage and only white males voting? I think even now the only thing the US people vote on is who gets to get paid by the elites for doing what they are paid to do. I would like to see the common people in Thailand have some say but I don't see that happening, and if it does it will only amount to the same as US voters get. So far we know for sure there will be no free elections here for eight years, unless another coup or something happens first.

They have had 19-20 coups in 60 + years. I've lived through three. Stay tuned, more to come, I believe.

4 minutes ago, bark said:

They have had 19-20 coups in 60 + years. I've lived through three. Stay tuned, more to come, I believe.

Thats right and so far none have effected us expats much, but I am a little concerned with the latest. They don't take western criticism well, and recent events have soured things a bit. With Facebook and the like it is impossible to keep a lid on things. Lets just hope for happy times.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

Thats right and so far none have effected us expats much, but I am a little concerned with the latest. They don't take western criticism well, and recent events have soured things a bit. With Facebook and the like it is impossible to keep a lid on things. Lets just hope for happy times.

We( Western people) do not matter.

1 minute ago, bark said:

We( Western people) do not matter.

We surely have no say and I'm ok with that but I see the popularity of us westerners sliding a bit here. I also see a lot of Thai bashing here and in conversation with other expats. I am not happy about everything here but I try to adjust without constantly bashing their way of life. I don't trust government here or home but I find that most Thais have been very nice to me, thats why I'm here. I hope it doesn't change too much.

5 minutes ago, Grubster said:

We surely have no say and I'm ok with that but I see the popularity of us westerners sliding a bit here. I also see a lot of Thai bashing here and in conversation with other expats. I am not happy about everything here but I try to adjust without constantly bashing their way of life. I don't trust government here or home but I find that most Thais have been very nice to me, thats why I'm here. I hope it doesn't change too much.

Yes agree. Thai are amazing.  Cheers