Thailand Seeks World's Record Condom Procession

george

Thailand seeks world's record condom procession at World Aids Day 2006

BANGKOK: -- Thailand observed World AIDS Day 2006 Friday (December 1) by hosting a procession aimed at breaking the world record for a condom-featuring parade with the highest number of participants.

Thai Red Cross Society secretary-general Phan Wannamethee presided over the opening ceremony of the parade. The event was co-hosted by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO), UNAIDS and other agencies in both the private and public sectors. Representatives of these agencies were also present at the ceremony.

The condom-featuring procession was the first of its kind. There were about 1,500 participants including students, actors and some HIV/AIDS patients. The parade is intended to achieve a record to be recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.

The theme of the anti-AIDS campaign was "Stop AIDS Keep the Promise".

To be in part of the annual observance of World AIDS Day 2006, there were various activities organised in different venues nationwide.

Dr. Prawing Uea-nonthat, acting director of Maharaj Hospital in the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat, presided at an exhibition to raise public awareness of the usually fatal viral disease. He said that the number of people with HIV/AIDS is on the rise worldwide, now totalling some 40 million persons.

According to Public Health Ministry statistics, nearly two people contract HIV every hour. Most new cases of HIV infection are among young men and women. Of pregnant women aged between 15 and 19 years old, 0.44 per cent are HIV positive.

Between 1984 and 2006, more than one million people have lived with HIV/AIDS, of whom nearly half have succumbed.

--TNA 2006-12-01

never heard about the condom processions so far - hope more fun that the religious ones.

what were they doing with this/those condoms?

with condoms the size matters very much - they use to make them in thailand all farang-size and they did not held very well in thais. I hope it improved a bit since than

never heard about the condom processions so far - hope more fun that the religious ones.

with condoms the size matters very much - they use to make them in thailand all farang-size and they did not held very well in thais. I hope it improved a bit since than

Thats a really lame reason not to use a condom. Firstly, it's a myth that all or even most asian men are small(down there). Secondly, try to order an assortment types so you can find ones you like. After that just order them online and always use one for sex. The problem most people have is they dont plan to fail........they fail to plan. Booze is also a real problem for people with questionable judgement to start with. Know your partner and protect yourself at all times. Nobody is worth your suffering in agony until you die. NOBODY

( it think we have some bonnie board members who work for condom companies... :o)

londonthai, I had always thought that the condoms available in LOS were designed for Thai, as I always found them a wee bit too small you know. Risk of bursting and all.

If what you say is true, that they were farangsize after all... Well... I don't want to make other farang feel bad, so I probably shouldn't say any more :D:D:D

kayo! :D

Edited by kayo

( it think we have some bonnie board members who work for condom companies... :o)

londonthai, I had always thought that the condoms available in LOS were designed for Thai, as I always found them a wee bit too small you know. Risk of bursting and all.

If what you say is true, that they were farangsize after all... Well... I don't want to make other farang feel bad, so I probably shouldn't say any more :D:D:D

kayo! :D

"I always found them a wee bit too small you know. Risk of bursting and all."

Sure, Superman. You can take the smallest size and easily put in on a cucumber without risking breakage.

I've never tested that, but I'll take your word for it. :D

Nonetheless, Cucumbers, to the best of my knowledge, actively engage in wild sexual orgies (wear and tear) and don't spurt out wave after wave of Kryptonite. :D