PM Prayut concerned over flooding, cold snap

webfact

PM concerned over flooding, cold snap

BANGKOK, 9 November 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed relevant units to stay vigilant about effects from the flooding conditions in the southern region and cold snaps in the northern provinces. He directed national security units to help the affected people as soon as possible. 

Deputy Government Spokesperson Col. Thaksada Sangkhachan said the PM told relevant units to solve transport problems and prevent flood-borne diseases in the flood-affected areas. Gen. Prayut also instructed the Ministry of Interior to prepare equipment for keeping people warm and supplies to be handed out to those in remote areas affected by a cold spell, said the spokesperson. 

Meanwhile, Spokesman of the Royal Thai Navy Admiral Chumpol Lumpikanon said the navy had deployed 20 flow thruster boats to push water in the Phetchaburi river out to the sea, bringing the province’s water level down to a normal level. The spokesman added that the navy would continue to monitor the situation in the province closely. 

Apart from Phetchaburi, Surat Thani is another province affected by the flooding conditions during this period. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-11-09

If something floods in your neighborhood,

who you gonna call?

FlowThrusters.

"Meanwhile, Spokesman of the Royal Thai Navy Admiral Chumpol Lumpikanon said the navy had deployed 20 flow thruster boats to push water in the Phetchaburi river out to the sea, bringing the province’s water level down to a normal level."

"Interior to prepare equipment for keeping people warm and supplies to be handed out to those in remote areas affected by a cold spell, said the spokesperson."

I wonder what equipment that would be? Charcoal braziers or patio heaters to gather around perhaps? Jet thrusters from the back of Air Force planes perchance (to nicely accompany the '20 flow thrusters')? Electric blankets maybe? Or just the usual boring extra blankets and cheap, crappy Chinese coats for the same people in the usual districts are forced to line up and gratefully accept the gifts from from their overlords every darn year, when the temperatures in the hills reach the predictably dizzy lows of 18 or 19 Celcius. That is around 64 - 66 degrees Fahrenheit I believe and truly a body numbing temperature that certainly requires the PM's intervention and special instructions delivered from the angelic Bangkok to prepare that mysterious "special equipment" and khaki-led, paternalistic interventions, just to show who is boss round these 'ere parts. :whistling:

..and Global warning has nothing to do with this around the world weather changes..Take a look at the film "Before The Flood"..made atleast me rethink a few things around MY own house.

How about starting Keep Thailand Clean...

ให้ประเทศไทยสะอาด
Edited by DuiDui48

3 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

If something floods in your neighborhood,

who you gonna call?

FlowThrusters.

"Meanwhile, Spokesman of the Royal Thai Navy Admiral Chumpol Lumpikanon said the navy had deployed 20 flow thruster boats to push water in the Phetchaburi river out to the sea, bringing the province’s water level down to a normal level."

I think it is the same hotline number as "Building about to Collapse"