2007 Malaysian Gp

TBWG

Hi

Anybody been there, done that? Would appreciate advice/recommendations re where to stay, near circuit if possible. Otherwise recommendations for hotels in KL and advice re getting to circuit.

Thanks TBWG :o

The best hotel would probably be the Pan Pacific which is located on the airport and close to the circuit,I've stayed a few times and its very good but I think you've left it a bit late as I think you will find a lot of hotels are already booked and when I was in KL last month I noticed most hotels exclude their normal rates for the period of the GP.KL is about 40 miles from the circuit and takes just under an hour from the centre.

Not interested enough in F1 to go but some collegues went tot this year's event. Getting there from KL was easy enough, they drove, around an hour as already mentioned. But getting back was hel_l and well over three hours. A better option from KL is to use the KLIA express to the airport (35 Ringgit and 30 mins, trains every 15 mins) and then a shuttle bus to Sepang.

As someone has said, book your hotel sooner rather than later. In addition to the fans all the F1 teams and their support staff stay in town which makes for some good street parties in and around the bars and clubs.