Body of young child thrown out like rubbish beside road north of Bangkok

webfact

22 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Think you misread my reply, the pertinent part was in bold where you said its suspicious that the kid had no pants on and his shirt pulled up around his neck.... I was merely saying the lizard could have done that.

Unless you include the post you are replying to then its easy to read your post as your reply to the article.

Definitely did and now I am confusing myself. Sorry. This new system they have got going here is confusing.

I was on about  the post by PattayaBoy  stating and I quote  " Autopsy showed boy was drawned. Murdered! "

6 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Given the body has only just been sent for autopsy he could be making it up.

He could have simply wandered off, fallen in the pond, drowned,.... Then at a later date, dragged out of the pond by the water monitor to be eaten.

First chance I get I am going to root out that crystal Ball

8 hours ago, Honthy said:

What ? Maybe this poor guy died of natural causes I do not throw him next to the road. The parents do not know what to do ?  Could they find one solution only, to left him alone like an empty box of milk? What kind of parents they are.  Can a  Mother do this ? Can a civilized man do this? Utterly disguising.

Poor little guy.... RIP

what is so disgusting? That they did not burn his body? Perhaps they held a little service, said some prayers, said goodbye, then left him, as some religions actually do, to be eaten by animals, is that what you feel was missing, a religious ritual that you recognise?

Just now, Shawn0000 said:

what is so disgusting? That they did not burn his body? Perhaps they held a little service, said some prayers, said goodbye, then left him, as some religions actually do, to be eaten by animals, is that what you feel was missing, a religious ritual that you recognise?

you mean it is quite right to left a dead body at the road ?

6 minutes ago, Honthy said:

you mean it is quite right to left a dead body at the road ?

I wouldn't do it, partly because of my culture leaving me desiring a particular ceremony, partly because of my education leaving me aware of the risk to our environment from disease etc, and partly because I am aware that it would be very distressing to whoever found it.  But to someone from a different culture, who is uneducated and a little ignorant of others, perhaps it wouldnt feel that big of a problem to anyone except themselves who perhaps felt forced to just move on dispite tragically having just lost their child.

But this wasn't really my point, just what is it that we feel disgusted by in this?  An assumed lack of caring?  That really would just be an assumption.

I cannot

2 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

I wouldn't do it, partly because of my culture leaving me desiring a particular ceremony, partly because of my education leaving me aware of the risk to our environment from disease etc, and partly because I am aware that it would be very distressing to whoever found it.  But to someone from a different culture, who is uneducated and a little ignorant of others, perhaps it wouldnt feel that big of a problem to anyone except themselves who perhaps felt forced to just move on dispite tragically having just lost their child.

But this wasn't really my point, just what is it that we feel disgusted by in this?  An assumed lack of caring?  That really would just be an assumption.

I understand your point, just i cannot imagine a mother or even a father who throw his kid out like a garbage with no conditions. Big problem, or lack of culture are just flat escuse... No way.. cannot accept. No religion or "ismus"can tolerate this.

32 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Gotta say the headline to this thread is a blast from the past.  When I was a kid the Catholic nuns would tell us how in China the missionaries would find babies, alive and dead, in the trash cans.

Not much different from the leaving them in a Potter's Field, not uncommon in the west for unwanted babies...in a past era.

18 hours ago, webfact said:
Body of young child thrown out like rubbish beside road north of Bangkok

Police are working on the assumption that the boy died of natural causes and the parents, not knowing what to do, left him there. 

Source: Sanook
  tvn_logo.jpg -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-18

iWKad22r.jpg

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

13 hours ago, nikmar said:

Im not a religious man by any stretch of the imagination, but reading this and similar stories that appear from time to time on TV, I hope and pray there's a heaven. RIP little man.

A most confusing reply.  I think I can appreciate your empathetic response, but, please;  how (on earth) can you "not be a religious man by any stretch of the imagination,"   and yet, still  "PRAY that there is a HEAVEN" ??  The two things seem mutually exclusive.

P.S. Poor unfortunate little guy.  He could never have deserved whatever befell him.  Very sad to read about.

7 hours ago, Honthy said:

I cannot

I understand your point, just i cannot imagine a mother or even a father who throw his kid out like a garbage with no conditions. Big problem, or lack of culture are just flat escuse... No way.. cannot accept. No religion or "ismus"can tolerate this.

Hindus traditionally put young children in the river, only adults can be burned, Parsis put their dead on the roof to be eaten by crows, to assume the kid was thrown out like garbage just because the body was later found looking like that having already been gotten to by monitor lizards is not correct, they may have wrapped the body in the cloth that was found nearby, they may have covered the body with leaves, they may have tried to do what they could with limited recourse and time and then been forced for some reason to move on, and that is what, if the case is so, should be seen as unacceptable by all religions, that some people's lives dictate that they cannot even provide a simple funeral for their child. 

6 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Hindus traditionally put young children in the river, only adults can be burned, Parsis put their dead on the roof to be eaten by crows, to assume the kid was thrown out like garbage just because the body was later found looking like that having already been gotten to by monitor lizards is not correct, they may have wrapped the body in the cloth that was found nearby, they may have covered the body with leaves, they may have tried to do what they could with limited recourse and time and then been forced for some reason to move on, and that is what, if the case is so, should be seen as unacceptable by all religions, that some people's lives dictate that they cannot even provide a simple funeral for their child. 

Please follow the news. Something very bad happened here, not only a ritual putting the body  in the garbage

Edited by Honthy

15 hours ago, onthesoi said:

How many animals perform a formal funeral ritual for dead offspring?

Otherwise this is exactly how animals act.

Animals such as chimps and elephants are known to have there own little rituals i guess you could say. Being formal however.. got me there. Dont see too many elephants in tuxedos and such. 

At the end of the day we are all animals really.