Trump disavows alt-right conference after online video of Nazi salutes in his honour – New York Times

webfact

33 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Yes, only you would see this as people who have their hands raised to ask a question and you would accept that without the slightest effort to learn more.

And what part of this is the press being antagonistic.

What a perfect pair you make.

Thank you for the video, so i stand corrected they were not trying to ask a question, but my point about this being civilized and non violent stands. There is also no sign of Trump in that room, and nor is there any sign or evidence that this was supported or sponsored by Trump in any way, shape or form. Pure media bias this story. Now, do you want me to find some videos of Clinton or Obama supporters behaving in an untoward fashion? 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

For the same reason I don't spend anytime bashing this guy:

Or this guy:

They're freakin' nutters and and exist in such miniscule numbers they are not worthy of my attention. They hold no power or influence. They are talking to themselves most of the time, but I guess you're listening now. I'm not. I don't listen to the Anarchists or Communists either.

I removed the links to the videos  for space reason

Those two videos do not show people in favor or Hilary and Obama saying Heil in a positive way. they are critics of Obama and Clinton

Trump SUPPORTERS "heil" trump in a way they think is a good way to praise him...

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I dug around but found nothing. Can you provide links to these video's. I want to see why a white supremacist would be 'siege ceiling' a man of colour. I assume you have watched the video concerning the OP above?

I think "lannarebirth" is quoting what has become known recently as "fake news".

Edited by Enoon

6 minutes ago, jaidam said:

Thank you for the video, so i stand corrected they were not trying to ask a question, but my point about this being civilized and non violent stands. There is also no sign of Trump in that room, and nor is there any sign or evidence that this was supported or sponsored by Trump in any way, shape or form. Pure media bias this story. Now, do you want me to find some videos of Clinton or Obama supporters behaving in an untoward fashion? 

"Sieg Heil" salutes/Neo-Nazis is the issue, not badly behaved supporters (Dem or Rep).

Edited by Enoon

Just now, DavidVincent said:

I removed the links to the videos  for space reason

Those two videos do not show people in favor or Hilary and Obama saying Heil in a positive way. they are critics of Obama and Clinton

Trump SUPPORTERS "heil" trump in a way they think is a good way to praise him...

So? Why should anybody care what a few extremists think? If they break the law prosecute them. Same with the many many calls for Trump's assassination on social media.  These are all fringe people that exist in tiny tiny numbers. Why give them more attention than they deserve?

If the media really wanted to do an exposition of White Supremacists they'd be up in Northern Idaho where there are whole towns of them, not at some made for media event. 

19 minutes ago, DriveByTrucker said:

I am sure you right with the 99%. The question is, why doesn't 99% of the Trump supporters here at TV denounce these Nazi too, but only complain about how bias the media is?

The media is giving them airtime because they use the president-elect for their propaganda. Would the president-elect publicly and explicitly denounce these creeps, the media might actually support the president-elect in their coverage. So why doesnt he? Why merely state that he will be a president for ALL Americans? Aren't these fascist pigs part of ALL America? Is it so hard to say I am a president for ALL Americans but NEVER for fascists? Dont the 99% of the Americans deserve that?

We don't have the need to virtue signal like your typical SJW type.

5 minutes ago, Enoon said:

"Sieg Heil" salutes/Neo-Nazis is the issue, not badly behaved supporters (Dem or Rep).

I attached a photo of Obama making an identical "salute". It did not attach properly. Lots of pics of uber PC celebrities also making this same hand sign. Dont read too much into symbolism, it is easy to get carried away and misinterpret the intent.

Edited by jaidam

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

So? Why should anybody care what a few extremists think? If they break the law prosecute them. Same with the many many calls for Trump's assassination on social media.  These are all fringe people that exist in tiny tiny numbers. Why give them more attention than they deserve?

If the media really wanted to do an exposition of White Supremacists they'd be up in Northern Idaho where there are whole towns of them, not at some made for media event. 

Well as I mentioned before, the problem seems that the trump supporters, instead of just blaming this fringe of white supremacists/racists/kkk are just infuriated at critics and point fingers to the democrat, or try to show some pics where Obama or Hillary are doing the same kind of salute because of the timing of the picture.

As I say it is time for Trump supporters to criticize those nazi and white supremacists, and distance themselves of this "fringe" of supporters, not blaming or deflecting to the other side.

"Sometime in a family you have a stupid brother...and it is not your fault, mostly dad's fault"

Edited by DavidVincent

8 minutes ago, jaidam said:

I attached a photo of Obama making an identical "salute". It did not attach properly. Lots of pics of uber PC celebrities also making this same hand sign. Dont read too much into symbolism, it is easy to get carried away and misinterpret the intent.

The picture of the "alt-right" read white supremacists, is from a video...please help us finding a video where supporters of Obama do this move!

As I said : distancing from this part of Trump supporters is the best move "honest" trump supporters should do, not blaming or saying : yeah look at them also, it is Media's fault...

1 minute ago, DavidVincent said:

Well as I mentioned before, the problem seems that the trump supporters, instead of just blaming this fringe of white supremacists/racists/kkk are just infuriated at critics and point fingers to the democrat, or try to show some pics where Obama or Hillary are doing the same kind of salute because of the timing of the picture.

As I say it is time for Trump supporters to criticize those nazi and white supremacists, and distance themselves of this "fringe" of supporters, not blaming or deflecting the other side.

"Sometime in a family you have a stupid brother...and it is not your fault, mostly dad's fault"

Well, I called them freaking nutters. Not good enough? How about evil freaking nutters? How about stupid, evil freaking nutters? That oughta cover it.

26 minutes ago, Strange said:

Im not even gonna pander to being pushed to denounce Nazi psychopaths on TVF. Thats the most retarded thing I have read in in a while and you word it like you need the reassurance that there isn't a bunch of freakin underground white supremacists lurking here.

Grow up.  

Well there you go, you just did denounce them! Was that so hard? Anyone with half a brain wouldnt find that hard.

19 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Well, I called them freaking nutters. Not good enough? How about evil freaking nutters? How about stupid, evil freaking nutters? That oughta cover it.

Well I am quite sure it is enough...I m not speaking only about you, but on a general level...I have no doubts you re not part of these nutters

2 hours ago, hdkane said:

Clinton received the endorsement of the Communist Party, but there was no national coverage of that fact...only that Trump was favored by the fringes of the alt right...the Communist Party has killed more than 100,000,000 and continues to do so...

She was also endorsed by the KKK, because of her hidden agenda - her "private position".

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-14/ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-will-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

Edited by Ulysses G.

9 minutes ago, DriveByTrucker said:

Well there you go, you just did denounce them! Was that so hard? Anyone with half a brain wouldnt find that hard.

8 minutes ago, DavidVincent said:

Well I am quite sure it is enough...I m not speaking only about you, but on a general level...I have no doubts you re not part of these nutters

Geez are you gals that worried about a Nazi Uprising? 

Just now, DavidVincent said:

Not the uprising, the trivialization of this idea however....

And the more we harp on and on and on about how stupid it is, the more airtime the idiots get. The headlines are not about White Supremacists. They are childish underhanded Trump bashing clickbait articles. 

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Yes, only you would see this as people who have their hands raised to ask a question and you would accept that without the slightest effort to learn more.

Its picking out tiny little things to to attempt to put him in a bad light.

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

It's called accountability

Edited by Redline

1 hour ago, Strange said:

And the more we harp on and on and on about how stupid it is, the more airtime the idiots get. The headlines are not about White Supremacists. They are childish underhanded Trump bashing clickbait articles. 

The more we let these kind of ideas spread the more theses racists mentality will rise...instead of trying to deflect this to Trump bashing, if you re a trump supporter you should show you are against it, not try to side this as "clickbait"...

2 hours ago, jaidam said:

What's really interesting is that some anti-semites - people who blame the jews for being hated - actually are posting on this thread in support of Trump.

2 minutes ago, DavidVincent said:

The more we let these kind of ideas spread the more theses racists mentality will rise...instead of trying to deflect this to Trump bashing, if you re a trump supporter you should show you are against it, not try to side this as "clickbait"...

Trump has literally nothing to do with White Supremacists, those crazies are acting on their own behalf and talking to themselves. That minuscule & meaningless speck of people is just that - nothing. 

Nothing is spreading so no need to fear monger. 

Just now, Strange said:

Trump has literally nothing to do with White Supremacists, those crazies are acting on their own behalf and talking to themselves. That minuscule & meaningless speck of people is just that - nothing. 

Well the recent rising of racist attacks or attack against minorities (racial and LGT..) seems to prove you re wrong..YOu will probably put this in the "clickbait" box as well..

It seems strange that Trump and his supporters prefer to attack the messenger instead of the people who did such actions...I am quite sure in most of the western countries if a bunch of people did a nazi salute with the name of the president/PM...the President/MP would write a statement against this...

The problem with this topic is that Trump can easily disavow everything he said tomorrow and deny that he ever said it. He is done this so many times and it's documented on places like politifact.org and factcheck.org. And it has no impact at all on his supporters. They just don't care that he lies all the time.

7 minutes ago, DavidVincent said:

Well the recent rising of racist attacks or attack against minorities (racial and LGT..) seems to prove you re wrong..YOu will probably put this in the "clickbait" box as well..

It seems strange that Trump and his supporters prefer to attack the messenger instead of the people who did such actions...I am quite sure in most of the western countries if a bunch of people did a nazi salute with the name of the president/PM...the President/MP would write a statement against this...

We don't have a monarchy or a PM. 

I dont care what other countries do. 

I don't know what you are talking about with the "Rise of Racist attacks" this isn't the UK. If you mean a couple loonies spray painting swastikas and some tweets and illegal mexicans being worried about being deported then thats hardly a rise in racist attacks and your going overboard with the sensationalism. 

This discussion is going off topic but I feel compelled to remind you that the riots on the streets of the USA causing property damage and injuries to people and police officers is entirely the radical left throwing a hissy fit and its 100% not trump supporters doing it. 

Even the most left leaning liberals have got to give Trump a bit of credit.

He took on the establishment of the USA. 

He took on the Clinton dynasty.

He also took on the media not just in the US but most of the media in the Western world.

Nearly all the British and all the mainstream EU politicians slagged him off.

He took on the pollsters.

He took on the book makers and the gamblers.

He even took on his own party the Republicans even although many of them turned on him and advised that their own people vote for Clinton.

They were all against him and spewed hatred and contempt in his direction for months.

Yet he beat 'em all.

All because he promised to put his own people first which is pretty unique in modern politics. Most folk are natural born nationalists at heart. Look at Thailand and the way it's run, there's no immigrants not handouts for foreigners in the LOS!.

It was great listening to all the lefties and liberals on the BBC and LBC in the UK weeping and wailing when Trump won. Boris Johnson looked like he'd just swallowed a bucket of diarrhoea when the news came through and I'd have paid good money to have seen David Cameron's face. But those two clowns are what passes for Conservatives in the Britain of 2016.

So the man has got something going for him, you should support him and stand by him even if it's only for his determination. He's got the makings of a fine leader as long as he looks after the working man and keeps his nose out of the Middle East.

Edited by yogi100

31 minutes ago, Strange said:

We don't have a monarchy or a PM. 

I dont care what other countries do. 

I don't know what you are talking about with the "Rise of Racist attacks" this isn't the UK. If you mean a couple loonies spray painting swastikas and some tweets and illegal mexicans being worried about being deported then thats hardly a rise in racist attacks and your going overboard with the sensationalism. 

This discussion is going off topic but I feel compelled to remind you that the riots on the streets of the USA causing property damage and injuries to people and police officers is entirely the radical left throwing a hissy fit and its 100% not trump supporters doing it. 

deflecting deflecting denying.... up to you..after all you will make America great again

56 minutes ago, Strange said:

If Trump has literally nothing to do with White Supremacists, why doesn't he publicly and explicitly denounce them immediately after they use his name in a Nazi salute, while at the same time Trump cannot stop bashing a bunch of actors who "lecture" Pence?

1 hour ago, DavidVincent said:

In most European countries anything "Nazi", ie salute, flags, propaganda, etc. is illegal and punishable by law. In the US this is perfectly legal, in Chicago there actually is an annual gathering of these morons where they walk around in Nazi uniforms.

1 minute ago, DriveByTrucker said:

In most European countries anything "Nazi", ie salute, flags, propaganda, etc. is illegal and punishable by law. In the US this is perfectly legal, in Chicago there actually is an annual gathering of these morons where they walk around in Nazi uniforms.

Yep I know that...part of their Free speech...That's why I am quite glad to not be american...I couldn't stand to have those racists morons parading in the street