New York Magazine claims activists want Hillary Clinton to challenge presidential election results

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Chicog said:

I think they only needed a couple of million. I wonder what she'll do with the spare....

I read yesterday that in reality just the lawyers fees in 1 state was something like 7 million. 

Nothing but a feel good campaign. 

Actually, it would be a disaster for pretty much everybody if evidence of hacking is found:

1.   It will undermine our confidence in the whole process.  Questions about legitimacy would hang over every future president.

2.  It could increase partisan bickering to seriously violent levels.

3.  If the hackers are domestic, charges of treason might be possible.

4.  If the hackers are Russian, start digging a bunker! :shock1:

For reasons of national unity & peace, I think that this issue should just be dropped.  We will survive 4 or 8 years of Trump.

Edited by otherstuff1957
More pointless talk...

1 hour ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Actually, it would be a disaster for pretty much everybody if evidence of hacking is found:

1.   It will undermine our confidence in the whole process.  Questions about legitimacy would hang over every future president.

2.  It could increase partisan bickering to seriously violent levels.

3.  If the hackers are domestic, charges of treason might be possible.

4.  If the hackers are Russian, start digging a bunker! :shock1:

For reasons of national unity & peace, I think that this issue should just be dropped.  We will survive 4 or 8 years of Trump.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. The "head in the sand" approach does not solve the issue in the long run. I highly doubt there will be any evidence found of tampering or vote rigging. BUT in case there is, it needs to be brought to light otherwise it might happen again and again. The voting process needs to be fair in all directions and in every way (gerrymandering included). Any foul play (if found) should be investigated and procedures put in place to prevent it in the future. Ignoring it only leads to empowering those who performed the act.

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. The "head in the sand" approach does not solve the issue in the long run. I highly doubt there will be any evidence found of tampering or vote rigging. BUT in case there is, it needs to be brought to light otherwise it might happen again and again. The voting process needs to be fair in all directions and in every way (gerrymandering included). Any foul play (if found) should be investigated and procedures put in place to prevent it in the future. Ignoring it only leads to empowering those who performed the act.

That's a fine notion. Not baiting. Just that can't see how the country can cope with such findings considering the current climate of distrust, suspicion and dodgy information.

37 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's a fine notion. Not baiting. Just that can't see how the country can cope with such findings considering the current climate of distrust, suspicion and dodgy information.

If people can tolerate the notion of the next four years under the new president, then they can tolerate an investigation on if there was any foul play involved to get him there. Works both ways.