Thai Cabinet approves 12.75 billion baht assistance plan for low income earners

webfact

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Have you seen what happens when the free money is harder out , they all come from no were .

they is no way in the world that the thai government knows how many Thais are poor .

millions of Thais not do a tax return so how can the thai government no who is poor or who is not  in possible to no .

For the second time - please read the original post and the linked article.

Nobody has said that this is a subsidy for the "poor". It is a subsidy for "low income earners" who are already registered for state welfare. The government knows exactly  who they are and how many.

Poor people, who are not earning a wage and are not already registered, will not be affected by this subsidy.

(I am not expressing any opinion about the worthiness of the subsidy).

59 minutes ago, geisha said:

@georgemandm , I think it's you who has an eye sight problem! Do you really believe there is no poverty in Thailand ? Yes, I know Thailand very well, and not only the tourist centres. By the way, what's your obsession with " hookers" ? They weren't the subject of this post .Thats another problem altogether. 

You no f all about thailand ok , because if you did you would see how many not pay tax ok .

what are you going on about hookers there are just the tip of the iceberg with not paying tax ok .

i not like you  hang around bars ok .

do you ever see how much money some of the so-called poor make , who sell food in the off season and in the rice season.

yes there are poor people I agree for sue but just giveing them money with our  checks is a joke .

I seen one lady in issan selling food out of her motorcycle on the street and from the price she sells the food for and how many people she  served I work out at less 10,000 thai bht a day and I can tell you she would not be paying tax and if she dose she would not pay much .

there are millions of Thais who sell things no tax .

go to some of the restaurant here no  receipt from the  cash registers , just a  piece of paper telling you how much to pay and I did not see vat tax on that receipt.

so don't try and tell me you know about that side of thailand because you have no idea.

you are  blind . 

It is about giving money to the poor ok but give it to the people who  deserve it not the ones who  rip off the system .

and it is in possible to know who the  genuine people are .

with no one doing tax returns .

13 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Nobody has said that this is a subsidy for the "poor". It is a subsidy for "low income earners" who are already registered for state welfare. The government knows exactly  who they are and how many.

Poor people, who are not earning a wage and are not already registered, will not be affected by this subsidy.

Ok so what dose that mean f all people who are registered in thailand for  welfare would still  rip the system off would they not .

you are joking if you think people who register don't try and make money for cash it happens in my country but some of them get  court back home but here the government has no way of  catching them .

19 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

And one more thing about the only people who  register for welfare are the  pensioners .

i have never seen or heard of a  middle-age  thai or a young thai trying to get welfare, how I know because I was told by Thais .

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

And one more thing about the only people who  register for welfare are the  pensioners .

i have never seen or heard of a  middle-age  thai or a young thai trying to get welfare, how I know because I was told by Thais .

You need to contact the government urgently, because they seem to be under the misapprehension that there are over 5 million low-wage-earning Thais who ARE registered for welfare.

14 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

You need to contact the government urgently, because they seem to be under the misapprehension that there are over 5 million low-wage-earning Thais who ARE registered for welfare.

15 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

No not need to not care I was just saying you contact them and give them some of your money.

On 11/23/2016 at 5:07 PM, rocketman777 said:

What is the difference between Tax cuts for the rich and welfare for the poor.

Whereas the former is suppose to stimulate the economy by the "trickle down ' effect. The effect is just a trickle and largely no effective

The latter by putting government created money into the hands of the poor not only helps to relieve poverty but has a considerable stimulative  effect on the overall economy.

Hats off to the government for such a progressive economic policy. Unfortunately does not as far enough.

Teach "Them"  to catch fish - catch fish - give me a break !!!

It's a metaphor you silly billy.

On 23/11/2559 at 10:17 PM, georgemandm said:

Have you seen what happens when the free money is harder out , they all come from no were .

they is no way in the world that the thai government knows how many Thais are poor .

millions of Thais not do a tax return so how can the thai government no who is poor or who is not  in possible to no .

Actually it is easier to count the ones that do pay personal income tax, 2.3 millions.

From the real newspaper:

Just 2.3 million people nationwide pay personal income tax to help finance public spending for the country's population of more than 64 million, says Satit Rungkasiri, the director-general of the Fiscal Policy Office.

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Actually it is easier to count the ones that do pay personal income tax, 2.3 millions.

From the real newspaper:

Just 2.3 million people nationwide pay personal income tax to help finance public spending for the country's population of more than 64 million, says Satit Rungkasiri, the director-general of the Fiscal Policy Office.

Thanks did not know it was that low at all ,just a joke and they complain the Thais .

been saying now for a long time lots not pay tax now I know because of you thanks again expatoilworker 

16 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

This georgemandm guy is prefectly correct.He states'how do i know? I was told by Thai's!" Well,thats it,conversation over,if he was TOLD by Thais,it must be the truth,and i believe he believes it."trust me,i am Thai":cheesy: