Anyone recommend a rental real estate agency that produces results

Dean1953

I'll be back at my house in Bosang for 8 days, starting next Monday.  At the top of my bucket list is to find an agency that can rent my house in a reasonable amount of time.  I don't want to list it with an agency that takes the listing and then "sits" on it.  I would prefer that they send someone to look at house while I'm there next week.  I'd prefer to rent it out, as I'll be back for good in no more than 10 years.  If it doesn't rent, however, I'll sell it.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

+ 1 Perfect Homes....

We've used them twice & they've done well finding us the "right" home to rent involving a few days looking.....

Only down side for the owner is they take 1 months rent for their services from the owner.... At the one year renewal they wanted us to re-sign through them & they would have dinged the owner for another month....The owner wrote up their own forms & we handled it that way to save them the loss....

As an absentee owner it might work well for you to have them oversee the annual lease renewals - at a cost.....Possibly negotiable.....

To our knowledge they never checked in to govern/inspect/report back on the property, but the owner is local....

We're peeking around the area & have noticed some comparable homes/areas now for 1/2 - 2/3 cost through Thai only listings.....

Perfect Homes is the best I have used.  One month's rent is the standard charge for an agent who finds a tenant, takes up references and provides a decent lease but I am very surprised at the idea that they (or any other agent, for that matter) would ask for the same again to extend a lease for a further term with the same tenant and landlord.  Usually one would expect to pay a small fee of maybe a thousand or so.  I would still recommend them but ask about this aspect specifically.

If you want constant oversight while you are away, you are really seeking not only an agent but a full management service which will cost a proportion of the monthly rent in addition to that of finding a tenant.  It will include at least quarterly visits to check the condition of your property with a brief report and some photographs if appropriate.  I don't know if they do this but if they do then they are probably the best people to deal with. 

2 hours ago, Greenside said:

Perfect Homes is the best I have used.  One month's rent is the standard charge for an agent who finds a tenant, takes up references and provides a decent lease but I am very surprised at the idea that they (or any other agent, for that matter) would ask for the same again to extend a lease for a further term with the same tenant and landlord.  Usually one would expect to pay a small fee of maybe a thousand or so.  I would still recommend them but ask about this aspect specifically.

If you want constant oversight while you are away, you are really seeking not only an agent but a full management service which will cost a proportion of the monthly rent in addition to that of finding a tenant.  It will include at least quarterly visits to check the condition of your property with a brief report and some photographs if appropriate.  I don't know if they do this but if they do then they are probably the best people to deal with. 

Yes ,we have had agents come back a year later,hoping they can get another months fee,

they were told politely what they could do.we found we had much better results finding 

tenants ourselves,all through free adverts,flyers in Rimping,and sign on the gate.just

got tired of them making appointments to come with potential tenants and either been 

very late.or no show.

regards worgeordie

I think most of the responders so far have missed the point of the OP. He is looking for an office that can rent out his house quickly.

Every agency can find a house for rent quickly as has been the case with all replies, since they have probably thousands listed, but finding a renter quickly as the OP needs is a completely different matter.

I've listed it on Craigslist Thailand for the better part of 8 years, since I and my family left for the U.S.  I have had 3-4 inquires per year, ranging from definitely wanting to rent it for several years (they wanted me to tear out a wall or two to make the second upstairs bedroom directly accessible to secondary bathroom.  I didn't do it), to wanting to rent but wanted all of my furniture out of house and wanted access to the garage, where our personal items are stored, to wanting to rent but the Thai wife of a foreigner was concerned about items in house that provoked "spirits," and an American carpenter that wanted free rent in exchange for taking care of house.  Most just didn't want the upkeep on a 4 bedroom, 3 bath two story house.  I've never had a mortgage but the cost of upkeep over the last 8 years, in addition to work on my house in the States, and a wife and 4 kids, makes the decision to either rent or sell (as a last resort) an easy decision to make.  The Thai friend that lives next door is also a business partner in 16 apartments, so getting her to manage the day to day problems that arise, and pay a gardener that I plan on hiring is alright with her.  I plan on basically having an open house for the 7-8 days that I'm in Thailand and realize that the chances of renting it out in that time is slim.  I'll contact Perfect Homes to see if they would like to come by and take a look and give me an idea of a reasonable amount to list the house for rent.  If possible, I'd like to have it rented out in 3 months for at least a year but, as it has sat for 8 years without being rented out, if it took 6 months to rent out, it wouldn't upset me much.