Holiday only!

tinytot

I am trying to find a way to bring my Thai girlfriend for holiday to Australia! I have heard it is very hard? Can they just get on a plane to go for say a 3 week holiday to Australia? Or do they have to have all sorts of documentations?  I will be purchasing Airfare but looking for the easy way to go about it! Need some advice!...Thanks..Tinytot

Your absolutely right. Very difficult. She would have to apply to the Australian Embassy for a tourist visa. She has to be employed, and show a strong tie to Thailand ie owns land, has a full time job, ect. all this needs to be documented, because they do check. Leave application and passport at the embassy, pick it up the next afternoon. either with a visa, an intervew, or a rejection. Very similar to the procedures for the American embassy. Almost impossible.

My wife almost got rejected for a tourist Visa (USA) last year because she did not make enough money. She is a government employee and had a letter from the school certifying this. They said that it was not enough as she could simply go to the States, work at a 7-11 and make more (well, they didn't really say that). Basically, they eventually let her go because of MY TIES to Thailand. I brought a copy of my work contract with me stating that I was to be employed until June 2003. Plus they looked at my passport and figured out that I was pretty serious about being with my wife because I had never left the country without her before.  If you have had and can prove a long-standing relationship with your girlfriend, and can prove you must return to Thailand in addition to your girlfriend it might help.

Keep us informed.

I seriously doubt that there is any requirement that a tourist must be employed to obtain a visa.   The cause for concern is proving that the tourist will return and employment would be but one of a number of factors.

But I also doubt a long standing relationship is going to help this visa.  It is a reason to suspect the person will not return to Thailand when the other party lives elsewhere.

In Embassy parlance, they want to see a compelling reason for someone to return home after the trip.    That probably means a job or money or kids  or property,  and it will take more than one or to convince them. One wonders how some of the ladies of the night get through the process.