Need Help On 5-6 Day Chaing Rai Visit

LoveLife

Hello People,

We are a couple in our early 60's and can handle 2.30 hour walks if the terrain is not too steep. Our budget around 2600BT per day, starts and ends at ChainRai airport includes all transfers, tours, meals and lodging equivalent 1500BT.

Do you know if there are local guides that can put together a complete trip? The two of us are planning to arrive Chaing Rai 8AM January 14 and leave to catch a return flight on January 19 which is 5 days we can also add a 6th day. We would like visiting 3 northern tribes the Karen Akha and Phai Phongpang village. Also would like to include a trip to Burma market. Are there any day trips or over night, other then market stops, to Burma?

The Internet indicated that one could cross a bridge for the day at Mai Said to visit a Burma market on the other side. There was also mention that there is a river ride to the crossing and the golden triangle? I would like to include a raft river ride and or long boat ride. I do not want to visit an elephant park but I understand that some tours included an elephant as part of the tour to destination.

That is the kind of ride I would be interested in. We could really use your input because we are not interested in orchard farms silk factories or the like. Is this too much to cover in 5-6 days?

The bulk of tours on the Internet start in Chaing Mai which adds drive presents many points that hold little interest for us.

Could you point us in a good direction?

We would appreciate some email addresses and comments.

Regards

Hello People,

We are a couple in our early 60's and can handle 2.30 hour walks if the terrain is not too steep. Our budget around 2600BT per day, starts and ends at ChainRai airport includes all transfers, tours, meals and lodging equivalent 1500BT.

Do you know if there are local guides that can put together a complete trip? The two of us are planning to arrive Chaing Rai 8AM January 14 and leave to catch a return flight on January 19 which is 5 days we can also add a 6th day. We would like visiting 3 northern tribes the Karen Akha and Phai Phongpang village. Also would like to include a trip to Burma market. Are there any day trips or over night, other then market stops, to Burma?

The Internet indicated that one could cross a bridge for the day at Mai Said to visit a Burma market on the other side. There was also mention that there is a river ride to the crossing and the golden triangle? I would like to include a raft river ride and or long boat ride. I do not want to visit an elephant park but I understand that some tours included an elephant as part of the tour to destination.

That is the kind of ride I would be interested in. We could really use your input because we are not interested in orchard farms silk factories or the like. Is this too much to cover in 5-6 days?

The bulk of tours on the Internet start in Chaing Mai which adds drive presents many points that hold little interest for us.

Could you point us in a good direction?

We would appreciate some email addresses and comments.

Regards

You can try Mr. Nui. He speaks English is a personal friend and all-around good guy. He's a licensed guide but may be too busy now doing carpentry; tel.0895546565

backpacker guest houses have trekking options: Chian g.h. is about the best.

A few other guest houses; Ban Bua and Chat and Ben's

The upscale motels will tell you about trekking but they'll usually wind up taking you on long rides to see 'Golden Triangle' tourist enclave and other such boring places.