Police to finalise inquiries into rape of Australian woman

webfact

Police to finalise inquiries into rape of Australian woman
By Kornkamol Aksorndej 
The Nation 

42d16c2b38d5a719b2626bf248f0cae7-sld.jpe 

BANGKOK: -- POLICE are trying to complete their investigation into the rape of an Australian tourist within a week. The assault took place at a parking lot in Bangkok’s Taling Chan district last Monday.

DNA results are expected early this week. 

“I will try to ensure that we get clear facts about this case before the victim’s scheduled departure from Thailand,” Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt-General Sanit Mahathavorn said yesterday. 

The 21-year-old woman has booked a flight to fly back to her homeland on December 19.

According to her complaint, she flagged a tuk-tuk for a ride back to her lodging after drinking heavily. But she ended up being brought to a secluded spot and attacked by two men. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30301924

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-12

Let's not worry about the facts, the evidence  required, we'll just tell her we tried but couldn't find anything and there wasn't enough DNA to get a result so sorry but can't help.  Hope you enjoyed your holiday and have a safe trip home.

Give me a break, they'll try to finalise their inquiry within a week. Now they have time constraints on investigations, obviously they have no idea and have never given their best in order to conduct a complete and in depth investigation. Now, I am only basing my thoughts on what has been reported and hopefully it has been misreported but given the way this incident is progressing, it may well be ineptness rather than misreporting. 

So what if the victim has to go back home, do the bloody job properly and either prove or disprove the allegations, not keep coming out with the spin they are now. Being an ex copper this truly makes me heave when I see what is going on. All they seem interested in is their 15 minutes of fame.  :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

This headline reads wrong THAIVISA. It should read corrupt law makers are doing what they can to create a scenario where there was no rape. RTP Sanit should be removed to a inactive toilet bowl. This was evident on release of those dirty murdering Thai kids. Who ended a disabled man's life. Prayut stood idol the big general he is lol. Funny man.

Truly sad and horrible way to have a holiday trip experience like this. So sorry for her and hope she is recovering from the truma caused by the rape. And no words are ever enough to express the anger and sorrows for the series of reported incidents that's taking place on the tourists on the land of smiles . Brutally murdered, raped, beaten by thugs , mugged and the mist goes on an on. World media should projects the facts and warn people as much as they can. How many more of such incidents will be a strong statement to say " it's enough".!!!

3 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Let's not worry about the facts, the evidence  required, we'll just tell her we tried but couldn't find anything and there wasn't enough DNA to get a result so sorry but can't help.  Hope you enjoyed your holiday and have a safe trip home.

Give me a break, they'll try to finalise their inquiry within a week. Now they have time constraints on investigations, obviously they have no idea and have never given their best in order to conduct a complete and in depth investigation. Now, I am only basing my thoughts on what has been reported and hopefully it has been misreported but given the way this incident is progressing, it may well be ineptness rather than misreporting. 

So what if the victim has to go back home, do the bloody job properly and either prove or disprove the allegations, not keep coming out with the spin they are now. Being an ex copper this truly makes me heave when I see what is going on. All they seem interested in is their 15 minutes of fame.  :wai:

Good reply , now tell ( the not say ) on here who put this lady down as telling  BS .

sick of Tv members who try to know it all with out the Facts , the fact is she made a report of rape and you have to go with that not try and run that lady down like some members have .

21 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Good reply , now tell ( the not say ) on here who put this lady down as telling  BS .

sick of Tv members who try to know it all with out the Facts , the fact is she made a report of rape and you have to go with that not try and run that lady down like some members have .

I think you have done a pretty good job of that.  No need for me to add my two bob's worth.:wai:

35 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

I do not see much evidence of people calling BS.

I did notice, however, that this story is based on CLAIMS and ALLEGATIONS, not concrete evidence.

Hard to take a definite stance either way, until further evidence is uncovered.  

2 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

I do not see much evidence of people calling BS.

I did notice, however, that this story is based on CLAIMS and ALLEGATIONS, not concrete evidence.

Hard to take a definite stance either way, until further evidence is uncovered.  

Yes I agree with you , but wait until the proof is out , but 'this thailand she has no hop . 

1 hour ago, Nemesis7 said:

Truly sad and horrible way to have a holiday trip experience like this. So sorry for her and hope she is recovering from the truma caused by the rape. And no words are ever enough to express the anger and sorrows for the series of reported incidents that's taking place on the tourists on the land of smiles . Brutally murdered, raped, beaten by thugs , mugged and the mist goes on an on. World media should projects the facts and warn people as much as they can. How many more of such incidents will be a strong statement to say " it's enough".!!!

Yes why are the media incapable of exposing Thailand's crimes and lies more. It seems they shy away at every opportunity while foreigners  are raped, beaten, murdered, defrauded, scammed and especially in the Southern Islands  it really is pathetic how Thailand is treated with kid gloves everywhere. and even when balanced and innocuous reports are published they bleat and cry like spoiled children - actually that about sums up the psyche here.

Police Weigh Australian Tourist's Tuk-Tuk Rape Allegation

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter -

15417710_10153943444941933_2039371282_o.

A deserted building in Soi Borommaratchachonnani 43, west of Bangkok, attracts photographers for its graffiti.

BANGKOK — Police had yet to rule Monday whether a 23-year-old Australian tourist was sexually assaulted by a tuk-tuk driver as she alleged earlier this month.

Citing the woman’s intoxicated state at the time of the alleged assault, the commander of Taling Chan police said they would base their decision on results of a forensic examination expected tomorrow from Siriraj Hospital.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/12/12/police-weigh-australian-tourists-tuk-tuk-rape-allegations/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-12