Hernia Operation - recommendations and cost.

Jip99

Cost will very much depend on whether done in a private or government hospital. Could be as low as approx. 25-35 k in a govt hospital and as high as 150 k in a private one ....in both cases referring to conventional open approach. Laparoscoscopic is much more costly.

I would not suggest Surin for this. Korat government hospital is a regional level facility and may have an after hours clinic where you can make direct appointment with surgeon and thus bypass  the really long waits of the public channel -- but not sure, you would have to ask. Military hospital in Korat also a viable option and about the same cost.

in Pattaya area best option would be Queen Sirikit naval hospital in Sattahip, but it will cost more than in Korat.

In any govt hospital you need a Thai speaker to help you navigate the system, there will be red tape and waits, and likely a waiting list for the surgery.

You can get it done next day in a pvt hospital if willing to pay the much higher price. Phayathai SriRacha would be a good choice.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Cost will very much depend on whether done in a private or government hospital. Could be as low as approx. 25-35 k in a govt hospital and as high as 150 k in a private one ....in both cases referring to conventional open approach. Laparoscoscopic is much more costly.

I would not suggest Surin for this. Korat government hospital is a regional level facility and may have an after hours clinic where you can make direct appointment with surgeon and thus bypass  the really long waits of the public channel -- but not sure, you would have to ask. Military hospital in Korat also a viable option and about the same cost.

in Pattaya area best option would be Queen Sirikit naval hospital in Sattahip, but it will cost more than in Korat.

In any govt hospital you need a Thai speaker to help you navigate the system, there will be red tape and waits, and likely a waiting list for the surgery.

You can get it done next day in a pvt hospital if willing to pay the much higher price. Phayathai SriRacha would be a good choice.

Thank you.

I visited Ruampaet Hospital (Dr. Anan) today and saw Doctor Jumrat Phoriphum? as part of my enquiries.

Communication was good and, whilst he seemed in no hurry to set up an appointment for surgery, he indicated a cost of 40k.

I had a good feeling for Ruampaet hospital and was comfortable with Dr Jumrat - although I have no knowledge of his experience/reputation. I have had good reports locally of this hospital.

I like the idea of the Korat military hospital (our late mutual friend Richard received COPD treatment there) so I may make enquiries there.

Timing is an issue for me given the 3/4 week likely recovery period. I have family visiting for the second half of February and a month after that I go to UK/Europe for 7 weeks. I am concerned about leaving surgery until the end of May. In many ways (if surgery is required) I would rather get it over and done with sooner rather than later.