How Fast Have You Gone?

Neeranam

180 Km on the Bangkok-Saraburi highway once. I normally drive that distance twice a week. If I go slow, I tend to feel sleepy. I must admit, I felt like the car was floating on the road. I almost felt like I was losing control - but again you remember Senna's adage: 'if you're in control, you're just not going fast enough.' :o

An indicated 141 kph, on the superhighway outside of Chiang Mai, numerous times while commuting. On a Honda 150, that's fast! Good control, too. But the speedo is so optimistic I might only have been going 126 kph.

I know I could rent a Honda CBR400RR, but I don't want to see the other side of 160 kph on a bike in Thailand.

Phuket: 105km/hr down a hill on a "postie" bike. I felt uneasy...

Pattaya: 220 Sukhumvit Rd on a sp1 (pictured) tyres average but felt sound.

Australia: 285 on my old Fireblade ( couldnt screw anymore out) between Townsville and Innisfail. Felt ok, long straight roads.

post-19278-1165481301_thumb.jpg

Edited by soi lurker

Honestly?

car- 250kph on the BKK to Chonburi expressway in a chipped Toyota Celica GT4.

bike- 215kph on a Fat Boy travelling between Chumpon and Hua Hin (thats what the speedo read).

:o

My old truck used to nudge 200kph.

Edited by davethailand

speed record: 900 km. per hour (top that!)

driver: unknown uniformed chauffeur

where: Thai airspace over Isaan

destination: Los Angeles, via Taipei

vehicle: Boeing 747

sensation: living room comfort

risks to myself and others' safety: nearly nil

I also win the prize for most expensive ticket: 26,000 Baht

:o

Edited by toptuan

speed record: 900 km. per hour (top that!)

driver: unknown uniformed chauffeur

where: Thai airspace over Isaan

destination: Los Angeles, via Taipei

vehicle: Boeing 747

sensation: living room comfort

risks to myself and others' safety: nearly nil

I also win the prize for most expensive ticket: 26,000 Baht

:D

LOL Not bad top dude not bad!

But I'm sure a thai fighter pilot may pop up on the forum claiming to best that :o

Admitting to crimes? Whatever next, surprised the mods have let this one run it must be breaking a forum rule somewhere. :o

Me? 160 kph in my old Toyota Tiger pickup along the BKK - Chonburi motorway just after it opened. However most times I got this chirping alarm at around 100 "kap rot chaa chaa" (the missus). :D

200kph in my old Nissan GTR32 on the Bangna-Chonburi toll.

210kph in my current Civic with the older now expired B16 engine.Same Rd.

Quite fast enough for any road in Thailand I think.Even on the Bangna-Chonburi tollway there are usualy parts of truck tyres etc waiting to catch you unawares.

Both for testing purposes only:)

Edited by Skyline

Ford Escape, maxed out on the Bang-na-Chonburi tollway, just shy of 200 indicated. Around 195 i guess.

Wish i had my MR2 turbo here from the UK. Its about the only road ive ever driven on that the turbo could handle. Youve never met a faster, more banana handling car in the world. Whoever designed it was bloody drunk.

122 kph on the Honda wave 125, my a55 on the back end of the seat, chin at handlebar level and feet on the back pegs, between Pattaya and Sri Racha and again between Sri Racha and Chonburi.

Woke up in the car once to see the wife going 150 kph in heavy downpour on the motorway WITH traffic! :D Mr Clifton doesn`t shout and yell very often but he sure did that day. :o

Anyone speeding on the elevated expressway better stop at one of the rest areas, measure the height of that low concrete barrier and if your measuring tape is long enough, the 80 foot drop down to Sukhumvit. Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Ever noticed the tire skidmarks on these barriers? I swear one of those crazy bus or truck drivers will make it over and down to Sukhumvit someday.

When I first got my car I was clocked by the police at 157 kph on the Khon Kaen Chumpae road :o . 300 baht fine.

I sincerely hope you've hot been that fast on your worn out brakes http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95832 and bald tyres http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96058

Please do everyone (and yourself) a big favour, park the motor until you can get the brakes fixed and new tyres all round :D

Ford Escape, maxed out on the Bang-na-Chonburi tollway, just shy of 200 indicated. Around 195 i guess.

what kind of engine in that escape? :o

For me just fast enough to get away from the police after throwing geckos at them :D

Edited by DragonLad

Outside of Thailand I managed 220km/h in a Nissan 200SX. Absolutely magic and in total control. Fantastically balanced car although the tyres were a bit expensive at $300 a piece. There was probably another 20-30km/h left but was going up hill at the time.

Love the roads in Australia. The Eyre Highway (Sydney to Perth 5,000km) is fantastic. one stratight section is 190km long, with a bend then another straight of more than 100km.

:D 220km/hr on Tollway at 3am for land speed in Benz 380SE and had more punch and no more road (DMZ exit). Like the other flyer an air speed was a high performance takeoff with a Falcon 900EX in Phuket estimated mach .86 in under 6 seconds (really unknown), but very fast. :o Edited by ilyushin

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-12-07 12:34:26)

When I first got my car I was clocked by the police at 157 kph on the Khon Kaen Chumpae road . 300 baht fine.

I sincerely hope you've hot been that fast on your worn out brakes http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95832 and bald tyres http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96058

Please do everyone (and yourself) a big favour, park the motor until you can get the brakes fixed and new tyres all round

This was when I first got my car - everything in tip top condition.

BTW I got my brakes fixed - 3700 baht for pads for all the wheels and the front plates smoothed.