Immigration holiday for New Years

You could apply tomorrow and lose no days. The next day after that you can apply will be on the 4th and you will not be fined for an overstay. If you go after the 4th you would be fined for every day.

I think I would do it tomorrow since the 4th will be very busy after a 4 day closure.

I was waiting for a correct income statement from my embassy (they misspelled my name the first time), so wasnt sure, I would be able to go tomorrow. But luckily I received it a short while ago.

If I get prevented from going tomorrow (sick kids or whatever), I will go the 4th instead. Paying a small overstay fine is no issue, I was more worried, if I could be denied the extension for applying for it, after expiration?

17 minutes ago, Beck1976 said:

If I get prevented from going tomorrow (sick kids or whatever), I will go the 4th instead. Paying a small overstay fine is no issue, I was more worried, if I could be denied the extension for applying for it, after expiration?

You will not pay an overstay fine if you go on the 4th since your permit to stay ends on a day the office is closed.

You can be a few days late and they will do the extension after you pay the overstay fine.

I thought that you were allowed 14 days before and 7 days after is that not so?

Sorry misread the topic , bur Thai immigration is working too hard on these situations,i.e could not they make the 90 reporting fixed year by year on the first 90 day reporting after the visa extension and so on for the second and third  days instead of following the absolute 90 days which means they have to change the date every year and makes more work for them? and also why not make it possible to change the Visa extension date  for a fee to a more suitable date?

31 minutes ago, almodeller said:

For 90 day reports you can do them in person up to 15 day before or 7 days after.

33 minutes ago, almodeller said:

Sorry misread the topic , bur Thai immigration is working too hard on these situations,i.e could not they make the 90 reporting fixed year by year on the first 90 day reporting after the visa extension and so on for the second and third  days instead of following the absolute 90 days which means they have to change the date every year and makes more work for them? and also why not make it possible to change the Visa extension date  for a fee to a more suitable date?

Some offices only do the 90 day report done prior to the date your extension is due to the date the extension is due if the date will be after the repory date. Most keep give the full 90 days meaning you would have report due a few days after the extension is due. Unless you leave the country your report date will always be earlier than the date the extension is due if you do them all before or on the report date.

There is no way to have the date your extension is due changed at immigration.

3 hours ago, almodeller said:

But the application for one year extension can be done up to 30 days before expiry.

That's for the 2017 calendar :smile: