Phnom Penh tourist visa - UPDATE

My situation and experience was the same. $20 dollars was the handling fee. That was 13th December. I'm planning to go for a second one there to take advantage of the fee waiver and save 1900 baht by not extending my current visa, going around 10th February. 

I was worried there may be some difficulties with a back to back but sounds like it should be fine. 

• Like 1

Could  you  please  tell  me  which  city/travel  agent  you  got  the  visa  in?  I  am  currently  in  Kampot  and  many  places  offer  visa  services  but  either  will  not  do  Thai  Visas  or  charge   $57 -  $60.  They  claim  they  have  no  knowledge  of  the  visa  fee  waiver.  Humm.  For  many  Cambodians  this  amount  is  a  monthly  wage.

Thanks  in  advance.

Kampot is probably not a good place to apply for a Thai visa.
Sihanoukville is much better, if you want to avoid Phnom Penh.
In Phnom Penh I always go to LMN Travel at 211 Sisowath just around the corner from the bar area of Str.136.
Mr. Keo , the owner, is reliable and friendly. Tel.:078688881

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Not that recent.Got one in July with a passport full of Thai stamps at Moto in downtown SV.
I think it was 50 or 60 $ ,5 working day service.Anna Travel and Moto are the agencies that specialize in Thai visas.Google them and call them up for the latest.My guess is it is 20 $ 4-day service now.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Thank  you  for  the  information.

Does  anyone  have  a  recent  experience  obtaining  a  SETV  in  Sihanoukville?

I used Anna Travel for about $40 iirc, turn around was about 3-4 days, she did require a return ticket out of Thailand. This about a year ago.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks  everyone  for  your  input.  I  have  heard  good  things  about  Anna  Travel.  I  was  really  interested  in  what  is  currently  being  charged  for  the  SETV  since  the  fee  waiver.  I  should  probably  ask  on  a  new  thread.  This  is  about  Phnom  Penh.

Thank  you.

On 03/01/2017 at 6:47 PM, josephsullens said:

Hotel was queenswood on street 136. Horrible street but nice hotel, $15 for air con and cable tv!

One man's meat as the saying goes. I quite liked Street 136. It seems a lot of hotels will arrange a visa through an agent. I love the fact that I just hand over my passport with a photo and it comes back with the visa in it.

My partner and I are travelling in Thailand at the moment on SETVs. At the end of our 90 days (we extended our visas here) we are planning on visiting Cambodia for a week where we will need to apply for new SETVs. Do you think it will be a problem applying for a new SETV so close to our last ones finishing? We are British citizens with UK passports. The SETVs we have at the moment are our first Thai tourist visas.

Thanks,

Jon

10 hours ago, JT275 said:

My partner and I are travelling in Thailand at the moment on SETVs. At the end of our 90 days (we extended our visas here) we are planning on visiting Cambodia for a week where we will need to apply for new SETVs. Do you think it will be a problem applying for a new SETV so close to our last ones finishing? We are British citizens with UK passports. The SETVs we have at the moment are our first Thai tourist visas.

Thanks,

Jon

No problem to get another tourist visa after just having one.

On 1/3/2017 at 7:12 PM, Sri Shina said:

Thank  you  for  the  information.

Does  anyone  have  a  recent  experience  obtaining  a  SETV  in  Sihanoukville?

Ana Travel will do it for you

Thai embassy in PP will give ya 3 SETV  than that's it

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JT275 said:

Also I saw on the website that they also ask to see a ticket into Thailand, not just onward travel. If we provide a bus ticket will that be enough?

My experience is onward-flight out of Thailand OR proof-of-finances in excess of $1K USD (I have used my Bangkok Bank book) , but I would be prepared to get an onward-flight online if necessary.  I have not seen any recent reports requiring applicants to show a "ticket into Thailand."

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from PP. Got a 60 day visa. Spoke to 3 agents, first one offered $20 2 day service but asked for proof of flight out of Thailand and bank statement. Didn't have flight details or bank statement printed. They sent me too a  internet cafe round the corner,  who doubled as an agent but wanted $47 and both docs, so just used the computer. I had to go back to my hotel due to issue with bank log in so went into Vsilk on the riverside road by 136 on route back to the first agent. They too, offered $20 two day service and a $35 next day service. And asked for both flight and evidence of funds.Everything with Vsilk went well,friendly staff (they were helping some Scandi's struggling with the application form), called to say passport was with them earlier than the arranged. Visa came back as standard, marked costing $0 so prices might go up when embassy start charging again. 

I've got two old METV (one from London, one from Sydney) in a 3 1/2 year old passport, along with 9 visa waiver stamps, a couple of which are stays of about a week, a couple of 2 weeks and the rest close to or on the last day possible departures. Two of the which are since Nov last year. 

So appears a decent embassy to get a visa but be prepared to provide travel and finance documentation. 

• Like 1

Allacrossthesand thanks for this info. I'm going in a fortnight and hoping to get a back to back SETV from Phnom Penh. 

This will be my 3rd consecutive SETV. First one from London was extended in Phuket but the second one is not being extended.

Last time I gave my passport and a photo to the hotel reception along with $20.

I will take my Thai Bank book with proof of funds but hoping not to need it.

Did the agents look at your visa history before asking for documents or are they now wanting these as a matter of course? 

Edited by paulsingle
added "consecutive"

No, they asked for them before I'd even taken my passport out(in both agents the conversation when beyond merely asking the price), so no way of knowing, what was in there. The girls they were helping fill out forms, had Air Asia print outs and my passport and papers when into a pile where every passport appeared to have a number of A4 sheets in it. The only thing that was checked by the staff was that the info page matched what I'd entered on the application form.If anyone at the agent checked my visa history it was after they'd accepted it.  So I'd assume they ask as standard, might be just the agent looking to avoid any rejections by giving the embassy as much documentation as possible.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 11:45 AM, IMA_FARANG said:

At the same time i got a Single Entry Tourist Visa in Hong Kong at the Thai consulate there which during  that  period was FREE....no fee for the visa.

All that I was required to show was my U.S. passport.

Nothing else.

Proof of onward ticket? Finances?

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2017 at 8:55 PM, cdaobliss said:

Proof of onward ticket? Finances?

They don't ask for that in Hong Kong, my last visa was from there. Considering PP this time but it would be my 4th tourist visa back to back and maybe near ten in the passport. None from PP though, in this passport.

At least when I had fewer PP were flexible on the flight requirement, they let me just write on a piece of paper I was planning on leaving by land to Malaysia. This was after they instituted the must have flight requirement a few years back. Don't know now.

I have money and can probably do something with the flight, just concerned about how they will view my visa history, they did give me hassle about doing a lot of border runs into Myanmar a few years back in PP but did give me the visa in the end.

• 2 years later...

Just checked the requirements on http://www.thaiembassy.org/phnompenh/en/services/7962/86336-Tourist-Visa.html , so it seems a ticket out of Thailand is mandatory. I could not secure the METV this year for the crazy reason that Mr. Consul wasn't in the house and nobody appointed to sign the bloody visas.

I have planned a boat trip to Luang Prabang, but it would be 1. after the 60 days so require an extension, 2nd probably does not qualify. 

Just wonder do the travel agents provide air-tickets, to what cost, or better I look already around for flex tickets I can change a couple of times. Plan to get out anyway end of Feb/March.

• Confused 1