Fruit Farm

simro

I need to know if I buy a fruit farm ith Mangosteen trees and assorted other tropical fruits if I would be allowed to farm it with my Thai wife, I am not looking at making money, as I am sure the prices would be really low per Kilo, I just want a hobby farm to relax.

This depends on who your neighbors are and how you are seen in the community but I have never heard of anyone having had trouble with the authorities over a foreigner doing hobby farming. I am a hobby farmer but we do sell a small amount of produce (hoping it will be more in the future) and I am very careful that I am not involved in anything to do with the money side of it. All I do is the actual farming work...all the selling and handling of money is done by the wife....that way if there is ever a question about what I am doing (I really doubt that there will ever be mention of it but I like to take all possibilities into account) it can be clearly demonstrated that I have nothing to do with the money side of it.....I don't even use the procedes from the produce to help defray expenses...I just let my wife keep all of it.

Chownah