Fullmoon-party Visitors, Urgent Information...

Hello all,

here are some information because of the Fullmoonparty and i post a topic from another forum:

---------------------

introducing myself i am najib , a moroccan that stays in kuala lumpur malaysia and work for Nokia.

i just wanna share with everybody few things i learned on my trip to the full moon party

i took the sleepers train from kl to the borders, and met a moroccan dude, the guy seemed well dressed, speaks good english, french and arabic , with a good perfum on, but while we were talking, for my surprise the guy was a professional thief, i mentioned to him i was goin to the FMP, and somehow he thaugh i was going to steel stuff from tourists, so he started advicing me, and bellow are his tricks so u can avoid falling in the trap

they do not steel from ppl on the beach, nor from the hotels close to the beach, but they go deep into the island, around 3 in the morning when the security card sleeps, access the rooms and steel with peace of mind

in case they come to the beach, they check the sleeping ppl on the beach for any items to take, bags, p-assports cameras and all the stuff, "so if u think you drunk too much, relax bud"

that s all i could get out of him,

but since i am moroccan, and i get that kind of talks a lot, and i know my ppl, i would say, keep your important stuff in a safety box in a hotel, and be carefull on the beach

PS: not only moroccans, but there are tones of moroccans experts on that at the full moon party

thai ppl steel too, algerians, tunisians ,and africans

please don t make assumptions if u see any moroccan,or any other ppl

and remember that you are there for fun and nuthing but fun, drink dance and have fun, and being a lil carefull wouldn t kill

------------------------------

FullmoonParty visitors, be carefully, do not sleep with open window or door, do not take any expensive stuff with you to the party. take a room with Safetyboxes at the reception or in the rooms.

specially when you are "fliying", you get ripped off.

Here in thailand its a little different then in other countrys, here are the tourists more thief then the locals. so be careful of "helpfull farangs or backpackers", maybe they are interest on taking your bullet and camera and everything what you have. they steal even socks, or boxershorts, so be carefully all time in koh phangan...

SamuiRep

yep,couldnt agree more,your fellow falang"tourist" may well be robbing to pay his way around.Was the victim of this on samui,guy from leeds,u.k,tricked us to go swimming after all night session,then stole bag from beach when were in the sea.I know i was stupid drunk,let my guard down,thought someone local swiped it,but later found him at 3am doing a runner from paying his 150b a night charlie hut rent bill.Still didnt twig it was him till weeks later,won't happen again.!!!

Yep there sure are a lot of scum bag low lifes at these full Moon parties.Reminds me of a few years ago when Gerorge an English lad naively went out with all the money he had to his name(he didn't think leaving the money back at Tommies Bungalows was safe!) ,got drunk as a scunk, met a stunning Aussie girl who normally wouldn't of given him a second glance but was looking for a victim,she slept with him and then robbed him of every penny he had while he was asleep...never seen anyone so gutted...and he was a nice bloke.George left the island but I caught the same girl having all her drinks bought for her a few nights later by another English couple who had befriended her and fallen hook,line and sinker" for some "hard luck story " she had made up. She was obviously financing her round the world trip by whatever means it took.

On another occasion I was almost the victim of a wallet snatch..this time by two Thai girls who thought I was drunk(well maybe I was but I can't remember) and asleep on the beach. I was certainly tired but was just resting my eye's making sure my wallet was in my back pocket and my ass firmly on the sand.They tried to pickpocket my empty front pockets and woke me since I was only half asleep. Bet they would have had a field day(or is that beach night?) that evening/night judging by the amount of unconsious people strewn across the sands.

In short trust nobody,Thai,Falang or The men from the moon(amongst many other stange reportings more than a few people have claimed to have seen these stange litte men at the FMP!) and take out as few valuables as possible.

Edited by brizzle

Con men (or women) are everywhere, not just the FMP, not just Thailand but everywhere.

The problem usually lies in the victim, frankly. They come to Thailand and think that life is a holiday and seem to put their common sense and natural suspicions on hold. I cannot begin to even count the number of people who have put themselves at risk by refusing to use their brains and their sense.

that's true, and i am not surprised at all that there are organized groups who work the party. i think it is the same with any big festival/gathering in the world. i knew a girl like brizzle said who was financing her trip by taking from others. she had all sorts of hard luck stories and scams to get free drinks, drugs, money, a room for the night. the funny thing is she comes from a family that is loaded. disgusting these people.

oh p.s. i met some people who got their passports/money/credit cards stolen at chicken corner in had rin. they talked to the tourist police and they said that there is a well know passport racket at that place.

Edited by girlx

Yeah...there are some right BS's about...

Met a guy in a bar in Bkk...from Manchester, early 20's...

It happened to be his "birthday", so, as you do I bought him a few beers...His stories of being a model, owning a £500k house in Altrincham and living above Emporium were a bit hard to swallow...Especially as I don't think there are any apartments above Emporium!!!

He also chatted to a few of my friends and told them his mum worked at the embassy and his dad was a doctor here :o

But the clincher was when he asked for change of a 1000 specifically asking for 5 x 20 baht notes... :D

I think having accommodation away from Had Rin is the best bet to avoid these night time thefts, especially if you are only going there for the FMP.

Thats true,but i met a couple who had their hut done over on the night of the FMP and they were staying at Thongsala!

Most guesthouses do have safes and for just a few baht its worth it.

But the clincher was when he asked for change of a 1000 specifically asking for 5 x 20 baht notes... :D

1000 baht for 5 X 20s? I'd change money for that dude all day long. :D

I'm pretty certain there are apartments above the emporium by the way. Maybe he was telling the truth? :o

Yup, the "after party" swim is a common ploy. German friend lost his passport, all his money, and digital cam from his pants pockets which were deposited on the beach while he swam drunk, and deliriously happy with the female nymphs (read "co-conspiritors").

Also, the group I was with slept on the beach during the FMP. Since I wasn't drunk (party pooper), and sleep light anyway, I appointed myself as watchdog. There were a LOT of shady types, approaching us uncomfortably close, until I would sit up quickly and scare them off.

After all this, my happiest moment was the 3 a.m. departure from the FMP by longtail boat!

Yup, the "after party" swim is a common ploy. German friend lost his passport, all his money, and digital cam from his pants pockets which were deposited on the beach while he swam drunk, and deliriously happy with the female nymphs (read "co-conspiritors").

Also, the group I was with slept on the beach during the FMP. Since I wasn't drunk (party pooper), and sleep light anyway, I appointed myself as watchdog. There were a LOT of shady types, approaching us uncomfortably close, until I would sit up quickly and scare them off.

After all this, my happiest moment was the 3 a.m. departure from the FMP by longtail boat!

3 am, way to go late dude! you animal!!!! even the theives are in bed

3 am, wimp :o Most of our customers came home at 8 am :D

We even had one Irish guy a few years ago who came back from the party at 8pm the next night. Still hammered!

Anyway, I reiterate, if you take your valuables to the FMP then you are to blame, what fool takes his passport to a party?

Sorry for being harsh, but really, a bit of common sense on the part of your German friend could have spared him some difficulties.

...what fool takes his passport to a party? Sorry for being harsh, but really, a bit of common sense on the part of your German friend could have spared him some difficulties.

Absolute agreement. I happily did the sleep patrol, but pants-patrol, too, while everyone else swam & had fun? Forget it. :o

1000 baht for 5 X 20s? I'd change money for that dude all day long. :D

I'm pretty certain there are apartments above the emporium by the way. Maybe he was telling the truth? :o

Yeah...big birthday bash ...with 2000 in his pocket :D

Hello People,

here is a new Story about the FullmoonParty-thiefs :::

even if you are in your room, even you have your pocket under your pellow, the thiefs are coming inside very easy, so long you've let open a little window, or did not lock up the Door,

your digital camera and other things will be gone !!!

I was in chaweng a couple of Days ago, i went to Burger kings to have a quick junkfood, where a farang comes to me and asked me, if i am interested on digital cameras, blackberrys, ipods and cellular phones.

I said yes, to see, what stuff he wants to show me up. yes, in his bags where a lot of cameras, cellular phones and other little expensive electronic stuffs, which mostly not have a recharger or other accessories. Of course these stuff was stolen from any Farangs or other tourists.

I've asked about the Price, not because i want to buy stolen stuff, i've asked because wants to know, for what this people get in such risks.

You would not believe, a Sony Cybershot, which costs 15 k in tesco, he offers for 10 k without accessories. I was not interested, so he goes down with the price untill 3000 baht...

A real bad businessman...

So, be carefully with your valuables, pay better more for the hotelroom, where you've got a Safe inside the Room.

Cheers all,

Samui Rep

Just curious, Samuirep, whats your problem? You talk about people leaving a window or door open and getting robbed, taking all their stuff to the FMP party and getting robbed.

Perhaps the people you know are lacking in common sense. Because it seems obvious to me that you lock your windows and doors and put your valuables in the safe instead of hauling them around a party with thousands of other people. Why the need to preface these warnings solely about Koh Phangan? Every tourist destination in Thailand has these problems.