Prosecutors to speed up iPhone murder case this month

webfact

Prosecutors to speed up iPhone murder case this month
By Kesinee Tangkhieo
The Nation

ddf67038428ad7a72df23bd5f5014417.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- PUBLIC PROSECUTORS plan to expedite proceedings against two suspects involved in a fatal armed robbery during the New Year holiday period.

“We plan to decide on this case by January 18,” Jessada Arunchaipirom, the public prosecutor in charge of the case, said yesterday.

Kittikorn Wikaha, 26, and Supatchai Jansri, 25, face three charges over the alleged offences including the robbery and murder of Wasin Luangjame, 26.

If convicted, they could face the death penalty.

The police investigation showed Wasin was killed on a Bangkok street because the two suspected robbers wanted his iPhone.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30304020

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-13

What disgusting weasels.  Never let them see the light of day.  In a previous story, after they had butchered Khun Wasin, they continued their frolics by robbing 2 more people.  And the moron Kittikorn said he wasn't on drugs.  If he was on drugs, you might think of diminished capacity but by being sober, he clearly, rationally did these vile acts.  This makes me so damned angry.

"it is good they are trying to keep creatures like this off the street "

This is one of the BIG problems. Too often the opposite happens - whether given bail to flee or as in this case a Royal Pardon.

Most of the time, criminals either buy their freedom or are let out early when things die down and far too often the penalty is insufficient anyway.

The streets have many more criminals than the jails becuase it's a revolving door!

Edited by twix38

1 hour ago, taichiplanet said:

it is good they are trying to keep creatures like this off the street, but can't help thinking that there would be no rush to convict if they had been driving a Merc and mowed down a couple of people.

On top of that, what ever happened to the lowlifes that killed the disabled guy in an alleyway. Wasn't there 6 of them?

1 hour ago, taichiplanet said:

it is good they are trying to keep creatures like this off the street, but can't help thinking that there would be no rush to convict if they had been driving a Merc and mowed down a couple of people.

If they are already in prison there shouldn't be a need to rush to justice. They are serving their time already. 

3 hours ago, anotheruser said:

If they are already in prison there shouldn't be a need to rush to justice. They are serving their time already. 

Mapin was my student for many years he was an A grade student and one of the most friendly and liked students in school. After his funeral yesterday family and friends need closure not wait for months or years. As his teacher I would like to see justice done in the hope that nothing like this happens again. IMG_0652.JPG

Just now, Raybangkok said:

Mapin was my student for many years he was an A grade student and one of the most friendly and liked students in school. After his funeral yesterday family and friends need closure not wait for months or years. As his teacher I would like to see justice done in the hope that nothing like this happens again. IMG_0652.JPG

There is still no reason to rush this case more than any other case. The suspects are allowed their due process. It shouldn't be drawn out or rushed. The process should take as long as necessary especially considering that they are trying to make this a case where capitol punishment is being called for. If you don't see anything wrong with rushing through a case involving the death penalty I am sorry.

3 hours ago, anotheruser said:

There is still no reason to rush this case more than any other case. The suspects are allowed their due process. It shouldn't be drawn out or rushed. The process should take as long as necessary especially considering that they are trying to make this a case where capitol punishment is being called for. If you don't see anything wrong with rushing through a case involving the death penalty I am sorry.

I am talking of starting the judicial process now and not waiting for many months or years as in many other cases before Thai courts. The severity of the crime and the possibility of the death penalty should help ensure due diligence during the legal process.

Just now, Raybangkok said:

I am talking of starting the judicial process now and not waiting for many months or years as in many other cases before Thai courts. The severity of the crime and the possibility of the death penalty should help ensure due diligence during the legal process.

What qualifies this case to be expedited when there are tons of other nasty murders that could also make the same argument? 

I appreciate that it was a heinous crime but what makes it difference to make it a case where preferential treatment is given? There people awaiting trial for child rape and murder, bombings, and all sorts of unimaginable crimes.

What criteria should be used to determine priority? I understand the Thai judicial over all is inefficient and slow. However if I were facing charges that could lead to the death penalty I might not want a trial that is rapidly pushed through. Who gives the go ahead and decides that this case is the most important to clear? There is too much room for judicial abuse especially in a place like Thailand to move too quickly.