Insurance for teachers

Getting a Work Permit enrolls you in the Social Security program linked above. The insurance is a health coverage at a designated hospital. It's basically a major medical with no frills. No private room, certain drugs exempt, etc.. You can also get out patient care. It's good to have if you care about not being a burden on your friends and family, want to take care of yourself. You must make sure the employer is making the payments. Most schools which hire you direct do make the required payment. The employee's wage pays half, the employer pays the other half. I think it's 750 Baht each. In the case of you working for a third party i.e. an "agency", you never know what's going on taxes and social security wise. You are also limited to the designated hospital. You can file a claim for emergency care paid for by you elsewhere, but good luck with that. 

4 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Getting a Work Permit enrolls you in the Social Security program linked above. The insurance is a health coverage at a designated hospital. It's basically a major medical with no frills. No private room, certain drugs exempt, etc.. You can also get out patient care. It's good to have if you care about not being a burden on your friends and family, want to take care of yourself. You must make sure the employer is making the payments. Most schools which hire you direct do make the required payment. The employee's wage pays half, the employer pays the other half. I think it's 750 Baht each. In the case of you working for a third party i.e. an "agency", you never know what's going on taxes and social security wise. You are also limited to the designated hospital. You can file a claim for emergency care paid for by you elsewhere, but good luck with that. 

My last 8 night stay was in a private room - all paid for by the Social fund.

If you read up a little more, you will find that you are NOT limited to the designated hospital.

I really wish people would research, then post. Not just guesstimate and type.

25 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

My last 8 night stay was in a private room - all paid for by the Social fund.

If you read up a little more, you will find that you are NOT limited to the designated hospital.

I really wish people would research, then post. Not just guesstimate and type.

It's not a matter of reading up. You are wrong, but God Bless You. Sure, if your designated hospital refers you to another hospital, it's covered. What's your point? Please tell us the options when you quit working. Do you lose, as "rumored" all your benefits accrued or does Social still pay you what you have earned/accrued? Quit not to be confused with fired. Quit or resign. Do you lose anything? Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

It's not a matter of reading up. You are wrong, but God Bless You. Sure, if your designated hospital refers you to another hospital, it's covered. What's your point? Please tell us the options when you quit working. Do you lose, as "rumored" all your benefits accrued or does Social still pay you what you have earned/accrued? Quit not to be confused with fired. Quit or resign. Do you lose anything? Thanks. 

1. Read Paragraphs 16 and 17 in the document I have attached below and you will see that you are wrong about which hospitals you can be treated in under the scheme.

2. Yes, there is a difference in unemployment benefit depending on whether you resign, (50% of average wage for 180 days), or are made redundant, (30% of average wage for 90 days). 

I say again, READ the document and you will learn the answers.

:-)

http://photo-journ.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Social-Fund.pdf

Archived