Not Pattaya Bashing

malcoml

57 minutes ago, amjamj said:

My Phuket experience was amazing and must say the people of the south are so kind and helpful without expectations.

Pattaya is great, but it's sad for you that you still don't understand what dump is Phuket and its people.

You need to try again to hate it.

No need to try ! 400 baht wanted for a 15 minute walk from Patong to my resort in 2003  subject to no negotiation - I said it's only 15 minutes I'll walk then he said walk then so I did and I have never wanted to go back. Crying shame a beautiful island ruined by greed. Let them rot.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

On 1/27/2017 at 11:53 PM, champers said:

Which one are you?

I are one of the animals lost in time. Pattaya is little Isan. You get dumb people riding taxis doing anything focused around a easy earn. No manners or respect for the environment along list of shit.  He is right I was in BKK a old Thai 70 sharp as a knife struck up a interesting conversation. Helpful and happy. You won't find it here. Even the Isan people know what Pattaya is. The end of the line. The OK corale.

On 1/28/2017 at 6:56 AM, NanLaew said:

My opinion is that most of the more visceral TV moaners are camped out in Chiang Mai; certainly the ones with the most criticism of all things related to Pattaya but I am open to a reasonable discussion on this.

:clap2:no need for any discussion.

On 1/29/2017 at 3:13 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Pattaya is great

for 2 week visits

Pattaya is still great after 12 years and 14 days. not considered the dozens of times we spent some holidays over 30 years in Pattaya.

10 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

No need to try ! 400 baht wanted for a 15 minute walk from Patong to my resort in 2003  subject to no negotiation - I said it's only 15 minutes I'll walk then he said walk then so I did and I have never wanted to go back. Crying shame a beautiful island ruined by greed. Let them rot.

Not only this. People from the south, often mixed with people from further soon, as the less friendly in Thailand, everybody knows that but the OP :-)

7 hours ago, Naam said:

Pattaya is still great after 12 years and 14 days. not considered the dozens of times we spent some holidays over 30 years in Pattaya.

Yes, no better place for having a western life when expected as well as a boat in front of the house !

So let me get this straight , some folk here who don't live in Pattaya, or have no intention of living in Pattaya or have left lurk in the Pattaya forum waiting for the opportunity to denounce this pit of satan at every possible opportunity. Methinks they do protest too much shining more light on themselves with their no doubt university educated hi-so wives and hi income , hi-so lifestyle than they  do on the topic in question. Or maybe they are shills for a failing Phuket - in whose forum I occasionally lurk where the dominant theme is the rush to get out of it. Love it or leave it !