anyone hear about new visa Vietnam

Yes, seems like the new e-Visa has trashed the immigration website and 2 additional sources of the e-Visa. application.

Visa will be issued directly by immigration for you to print yourself and present at immigration desks on arrival so I'm not sure what will happen to those unofficial VOA letter companies.

Some nationalities get 15 days visa exempt on arrival if that is any use to you, otherwise get a visa from the embassy in Bangkok to be sure.

Edit: if your wife is Thai / ASEAN national she gets 30 days visa exempt entry.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
  • Like 1

The 15-day -free- VOA for Brits and 4-5 other nationalities started July 2015. I know because I went on July 3rd 15. No problems, no fees, 2 minutes.

The same for USA and Oz and others was due 1st July 16.

Check google. The viet embassy in BKK don't pick up the phones!

The "firms" who "arrange" for your visa to be collected at HCM and Hanoi are expensive and mixed reviews.

Nationals of the following countries, who bear ordinary passport, may enter Viet Nam without a tourist visa.

Countries

Period of stay

Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand

30 days

The Philippines

21 days

Belarus, Danmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Norway, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom

15 days

Brunei, Myanmar

14 days

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

The 15-day -free- VOA for Brits and 4-5 other nationalities started July 2015. I know because I went on July 3rd 15. No problems, no fees, 2 minutes.

The same for USA and Oz and others was due 1st July 16.

Check google. The viet embassy in BKK don't pick up the phones!

The "firms" who "arrange" for your visa to be collected at HCM and Hanoi are expensive and mixed reviews.

BKK Embassy don't issue visas for longer than 1 month (OK that was twelve months ago, but I don't think it has changed)

The arrangement fees I though were OK for tourists visas, USD 29 for three months, but the business visas come in at USD 400 for a year.

I would like to know where all that money goes.

And I would like to see all these middle men cut out of the loop. But there again, cost and service cutting embassies have started to use third parties anyway, such as VFS.

i would be interested to know if someone finds a e-visa website as well, as i am planning a vietnam trip in april. I am canadian and am pretty sure i will need a visa. gf is thai, so she should be good to go.. also if someone can find or has a link to the post that a thaivisa member put out about a month ago on his trip to vietnam, that would be greatly apprecieted. it was a huge multi page post, but very well written

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yes, seems like the new e-Visa has trashed the immigration website and 2 additional sources of the e-Visa. application.

Visa will be issued directly by immigration for you to print yourself and present at immigration desks on arrival so I'm not sure what will happen to those unofficial VOA letter companies.

Some nationalities get 15 days visa exempt on arrival if that is any use to you, otherwise get a visa from the embassy in Bangkok to be sure.

Edit: if your wife is Thai / ASEAN national she gets 30 days visa exempt entry.

Be careful with that,mine only got 15 days and we had to upgrade at the border,for $2.

6 minutes ago, wanderluster said:

i would be interested to know if someone finds a e-visa website as well, as i am planning a vietnam trip in april. I am canadian and am pretty sure i will need a visa. gf is thai, so she should be good to go.. also if someone can find or has a link to the post that a thaivisa member put out about a month ago on his trip to vietnam, that would be greatly apprecieted. it was a huge multi page post, but very well written

I,like you am going in April.Looks like a couple of extra days in Bangers to get visa.

4 hours ago, wanderluster said:

My trip :)

If 15 days visa on arrival if a Brit, see above posts.

I contacted the bkk Vietnamese embassy about 90 vias, they want you to use an agent. I did and all was fine. I presume they use an agent because it's the agents job to check the details etc are correct.

3 hours ago, louse1953 said:

I,like you am going in April.Looks like a couple of extra days in Bangers to get visa.

it might be possible for a decent travel agent to arrange a visa for you (and  me)..   many yrs ago i was in bkk and had a travel agent sort out a vietnam visa for me, and about 3-4 yrs ago i had a pattaya travel agent sort out china visas for both myself and gf.

our plans are to fly into HCMC stay a few days then fly to nha trang, then train up the coast stopping in danang hoi an, hue vinh mac tunnels, vinh, then on hanoi, halong bay of course and then sapa.

4 minutes ago, wanderluster said:

it might be possible for a decent travel agent to arrange a visa for you (and  me)..   many yrs ago i was in bkk and had a travel agent sort out a vietnam visa for me, and about 3-4 yrs ago i had a pattaya travel agent sort out china visas for both myself and gf.

our plans are to fly into HCMC stay a few days then fly to nha trang, then train up the coast stopping in danang hoi an, hue vinh mac tunnels, vinh, then on hanoi, halong bay of course and then sapa.

If over a month, and it should be for a trip like that, you have to use an agent.

22 minutes ago, chrissables said:

My trip :)

very well written report, but i only got to read the first half of it and now i cant find it again,,  is it possible to send me the link to it? please?  i want to re-read the first half again and read the rest of it..  thanks if you can help and thanks for the great writing.

ps. sounds like it was a fabulous trip.

Just now, wanderluster said:

very well written report, but i only got to read the first half of it and now i cant find it again,,  is it possible to send me the link to it? please?  i want to re-read the first half again and read the rest of it..  thanks if you can help and thanks for the great writing.

ps. sounds like it was a fabulous trip.

Click on the link attached to what you are replying to :)

On 05/02/2017 at 0:38 PM, opalred said:

i am oz so have to pay 

i have been trying that web site

have been a few times before and pay agent and fee on entry 

but don't go till 20Feb so will wait to see if they fix website  

cheers

I have used  www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn  last year & last month. Never a problem. 

Easy & only takes 2 days (standard)

You just print out the form they send you & fill it in & present it on arrival & they put the visa in your passport.

Even in Oz u can do it this way. I'm based in Thailand & do It this way. Much easier than having to go to the embassy in bkk

9 hours ago, opalred said:

still trying no website open?

Use the website. www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn

Seeing your Aussie, go to the bottom of the website and click on the Information Centre link for Australian Citizens

Easy as mate.....

4 hours ago, chrissables said:

If 15 days visa on arrival if a Brit, see above posts.

I contacted the bkk Vietnamese embassy about 90 vias, they want you to use an agent. I did and all was fine. I presume they use an agent because it's the agents job to check the details etc are correct.

Use  www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn

8 hours ago, wanderluster said:

Go to  www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn

Easy as and cheap

Been using them the last few years.  If you are flying in ok, as you get the visa put in your passport on arrival. Your gf gets 30 days as this are visa exempt

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chalard said:

Go to  www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn

Easy as and cheap

Been using them the last few years.  If you are flying in ok, as you get the visa put in your passport on arrival. Your gf gets 30 days as this are visa exempt

What happened to the one year multiple entry tourist visa they bantered around last year, is it still available - can it be done in Bangkok??  anyone know?? - appreciate it.

4 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

What happened to the one year multiple entry tourist visa they bantered around last year, is it still available - can it be done in Bangkok??  anyone know?? - appreciate it.

3 month through an agent, that can be extended. Also maybe the agent can get a year visa. The Embassy don't deal direct with tourists for these visa's. Certainly not in in Thailand. But the agent does a quick and good job. Checks info is correct and sends the passport by ems to your address.

No idea about multis but if you are going to teach, the school will arrange. In VN these things can be done rapidly if the right palms are greased. Presume multis for business are ditto.

I went to Hanoi July 2015 when they were starting hassle-free entry (UK guys like me 15 days allowed) and it was just a walk thru after someone checked my passport. The allowed countries were as per table above.

I thought they were rolling out for Oz and USA in July 2016 (15 days free stay).

Before, they wanted you to use agents. Maybe that was why the phone was never answered! (in BKK)

The system of "get visa from agent waiting you at Saigon airport" (after you paid 80 dollars) had both very good and very bad reports.

Eddy

5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

You can only get 3 months max for a tourist visa online or at the Bkk embassy (that was the case in 2015). Any longer you  need a letter from your employer