Poi Pet Out and In

On Feb. 8th did a METV out and in at Poi Pet. With all the chin music I have read about problems doing Out's and In's there I packed a bag encase I had to spend a day or two there. However I did it a bit different then I have ever done before. This time I presented the IO besides my PP a copy of my air ticket with reservations for March 22nd. A copy of my SCB bank statement and a copy of my US bank statement. To my surprise as has happened before he didn't throw it back at me. He actually read it and asked me a few questions. Spent a total of maybe 4 min at the desk. Don't know if this will be the norm in future if supporting documents shown to IO's "Gee I love Thailand, but intend to leave soon".....         

Edited by bruceamstutz

I knew someone who had a ME non-immigrant o visa that tried to cross Poi Pet and was given a lot of flack.  He persisted with a supervisor and was let in, but was told to never come back through that border again.  This was I think 3 months or 6 months ago.

I did remember hearing about Poi Pet being the worse border to do Out-In runs over the last few months, even if you have a visa.  But I do not know exactly why.

Do you just need to stay 1 night (not re-enter the same day), or is there a preferred border to enter?

23 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

I knew someone who had a ME non-immigrant o visa that tried to cross Poi Pet and was given a lot of flack.  He persisted with a supervisor and was let in, but was told to never come back through that border again.  This was I think 3 months or 6 months ago.

I did remember hearing about Poi Pet being the worse border to do Out-In runs over the last few months, even if you have a visa.  But I do not know exactly why.

Do you just need to stay 1 night (not re-enter the same day), or is there a preferred border to enter?

Yes, there is.  If that general area is convenient, either of the 2 border-posts south of there - Ban Packard or Ban Laem - are friendly.  You also avoid what may be a multi-hour wait in line.

2 minutes ago, RayD said:

Can anyone confirm that the Cambodian web site is up to date and that only Poi Pet accepts eVisas?  I expect to use Ban Laem instead.

It is correct. Ban Laem does not accept e-visas.

Another option from Bangkok if you have a valid  Thai visa for re-entry is the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar. Only a border pass is needed there. No full page visa sticker.

20 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Yes, there is.  If that general area is convenient, either of the 2 border-posts south of there - Ban Packard or Ban Laem - are friendly.  You also avoid what may be a multi-hour wait in line.

For those who somehow wind up in Poi Pet, is there a shuttle or regular bus service from Ban Laem to/from Poi Pet?

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

For those who somehow wind up in Poi Pet, is there a shuttle or regular bus service from Ban Laem to/from Poi Pet?

no, nothing at all, people can go via Sakaeo to Soi Dao or Pong Nam Ron and get from there via another transport to border.

Edited by visarunner