ATM Question???????

41 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I would say none !

Not none.

Up to 4 (four) withdrawals per month at other banks within the same region/province are free.

Even Thai people seem to be unaware or why would they use the ATM with the longest queue.

I repeatedly used other banks ATMs in the past.

"Other banks": all major banks are in a so called "ATM pool".

Bet you don't know the names of those which are not.

AEON is an exception as far as I know.

Withdrawals outside the region/province cost a fee at almost all banks (more for other bank).

I read that there are one or two banks who allow free withdrawals nationwide at own ATMs.

Was TMB one of them?

I should probably add that my statement/experience about four withdrawals refers to Bangkok Bank ATM card.

I have not investigated for other banks but just found similar at Kasikorn.

Edited by KhunBENQ
correction: four withdrawals not five

It is a CIMB PREFERRED VISA DEBIT ATM......free card and first year free.....can withdraw local currency in several ASEAN countries....their terms won't state what other banks charge, but it is not like bank of america charging you a fee for simply using another ATM...then a fee for out of us,...the a currency fee...and then the fee the other bank will charge.

Not none.

Up to 4 (four) withdrawals per month at other banks within the same region/province are free.
Even Thai people seem to be unaware or why would they use the ATM with the longest queue.
I repeatedly used other banks ATMs in the past.

"Other banks": all major banks are in a so called "ATM pool".
Bet you don't know the names of those which are not.
AEON is an exception as far as I know.

Withdrawals outside the region/province cost a fee at almost all banks (more for other bank).
I read that there are one or two banks who allow free withdrawals nationwide at own ATMs.
Was TMB one of them?

I should probably add that my statement/experience about four withdrawals refers to Bangkok Bank ATM card.
I have not investigated for other banks but just found similar at Kasikorn.

I stand corrected !

Good to know that !
I am Bangkok Bank too, I only knew about the out of province withdrawals being charged.

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

I just got back from picking up my card....no fee, unlimited, at other ATMs, and no out of province fees either...at all Thai banks...and 1.5% interest paid monthly...no tax withheld (not sure when they start collecting it).  1 year FD is 1.8%..can get interest monthly..paid to your savings account...tax taken out.  7 month is 1.7%.....1you need 1 million thb aggregate for preferred status....100 thb for Immigration letter.