Marriage Visa for Canadian Citizen

I'm actually a dual citizen but here on my Canadian passport. I'm married to a Thai woman and want to change my visa from tourist to residency based on my marriage.

Any Canucks out there who've done this? (I'm sure there are many). I have enough money, but it is in  Canadian and American banks. I don't want to deposit it in a Thai bank. I have no guaranteed income, but I transfer money from overseas as I need it.

Will I be asked for proof of income? What is needed to verify it? Is there any Thai consulate which is better for doing this? And, finally, what other documents would you recommend bringing along?

Hope somebody can advise me. Thanks guys!

Edited by Toronto
spelling error

Moved to here.

You will need a non-o visa to apply for a one year extension based upon marriage at a nearby embassy or consulate. It is possible to change from a tourist visa to a non immigrant visa (category O) at a few immigration offices based upon qualifying for an extension.

You will need to prove 40k baht monthly income. You would do a statutory declaration to prove your income at the Canadian embassy. They ask for proof of your income to back up the declaration.