Convenient Store Cashier Attacked For Not Selling Beer

george

Convenient store cashier attacked for not selling beer

BANGKOK: -- A convenient store cashier was attacked and severely injured by a drunk man after refusing to sell him beer after the alcohol sale hours.

Watchara Adam, 18, the cashier of Family Mart in Bangkok's Min Buri district received a deep cut each on his right hand and left arm.

Police said the attack happened at 3 am Saturday.

He was rushed to the Navamin Hospital for wound treatment.

Watchara later told police that two men came into the shop to buy a pack of beer but he could not sell it as it was after the alcohol selling time.

He said the two men became dissatisfied and one of them bought cigarette.

Watchara said the man, who bought cigarette left and the other man attacked him with a knife before the two fled on a motorcycle.

-- The Nation 2006-12-16

Last year I got attacked for refusing to get up out of bed and open up the bar I was running to sell a beer to a drunken (ex-) FRIEND.

The bar was closed, I was tucked up in bed with an english tourist lass, fast asleep we both were,

he come around 4 AM, broke through the massive front gates of the Beer garden, by driving his Pick Up truck through the door, stumbled out waving a pistol and a knife, screaming how if I didn't sell him a beer he was going to kill me, rah rah rah etc....

freaky how wired people can get sometimes.

Edited by kayo

BANGKOK: -- A convenient store cashier was attacked and severely injured by a drunk man after refusing to sell him beer after the alcohol sale hours.

Watchara Adam, 18, the cashier of Family Mart in Bangkok's Min Buri district received a deep cut each on his right hand and left arm.

Watchara later told police that two men came into the shop to buy a pack of beer but he could not sell it as it was after the alcohol selling time.

Watchara said the man, who bought cigarette left and the other man attacked him with a knife before the two fled on a motorcycle.

-- The Nation 2006-12-16

The Nation sells itself as a broadsheet - but always seems to have these tabloid articles.

With all due repect it is a bit of a non-event.

-- The Nation 2006-12-16

The Nation sells itself as a broadsheet - but always seems to have these tabloid articles.

It wasnt that much of a non-event for the attacked. And even though it only was 2 people involved it still brings to light some wider issues, about alcohol laws, social violence, alcoholism etc. The very fact we are people are responding to the post shows it as having some ramifications.

Watchara said the

man, who bought cigarette left and the other man attacked him with a knife before the two fled on a motorcycle.

-- The Nation 2006-12-16

It wasnt that much of a non-event for the attacked. And even though it only was 2 people involved it still brings to light some wider issues, about alcohol laws, social violence, alcoholism etc. The very fact we are people are responding to the post shows it as having some ramifications.

My point would be that this sort of article would make a local newspaper - but certainly not national coverage.

Watchara said the

man, who bought cigarette left and the other man attacked him with a knife before the two fled on a motorcycle.

-- The Nation 2006-12-16

My point would be that this sort of article would make a local newspaper - but certainly not national coverage.

You will probably get a link to it in an e-mail proclaiming it as 'BREAKING NEWS'. :o

Watchara said the

-- The Nation 2006-12-16

I guess so. The nation is certainly easier to read than the Bangkok Post. Many times I bought both on a day, just for balance..or lack of it.

cheers chris

Not that I am against nice and friendly drinking, but in Europe I don't know many countries where one can buy alcohol at 3am in a grocery store. Either it's illegal, or they are closed. Why should it be different in Thailand?

You can buy alcohol at any 24 hour supermarket in the UK between the hours of 8am Monday and 10pm Saturday. Sundays you can only buy it between 10am and 4pm.

Anyone who carries a knife on them as a weapon is a dangerous person. This drunk is a criminal. If the police find him and he has his weapon on him I hope they don't hesitate to use their weapons on him. Violent people belong in jail. Being drunk is absolutely no excuse for commiting violent crime. That cashier will have to live with those scars for the rest of his life. Lets hope that the two sick bastards on the motorcycle are in jail or die soon because they surely will commit more crimes.

Anyone who carries a knife on them as a weapon is a dangerous person. This drunk is a criminal. If the police find him and he has his weapon on him I hope they don't hesitate to use their weapons on him. Violent people belong in jail. Being drunk is absolutely no excuse for commiting violent crime. That cashier will have to live with those scars for the rest of his life. Lets hope that the two sick bastards on the motorcycle are in jail or die soon because they surely will commit more crimes.

Fully agreed!

That cashier will have to live with those scars for the rest of his life.

Not just the physical ones either, the mental/emotional scars can be considerable, too. And I don't know, but highly doubt, that the 7-11 store sponsors an Employee Assistance Program to help the cashier deal with the stresses.

Last year I got attacked for refusing to get up out of bed and open up the bar I was running to sell a beer to a drunken (ex-) FRIEND...
And? Did you sell or invite? :o

I freaked and defended the bar

i wrote a story about it shortly after a while.. just gonna look it up and I'llpost it here. .

here: I posted this shortly after it happened, over in bedlam ona thread called Crazy but true stories:

Anyway, just to add some drama, at around two in the morning, when I was quite warm and fuzzy in bed with elizabeth, Huge intolerable knocking, and shouting comes from outside the front gates.

When I have tried ignoring him and he won´t go away, I finally throw on some shorts (and my specs) and I go out to see what the hel.l and shut him the f8ck up.

It is a 60 year old heavily bearded regular customer (once or twice a month)... He is adamant that I am having after hours party - which I was not - and he was ABSOLUTELY OUT OF HIS MIND....

I eventually, with a lot of yelling, managed to get him to f.ck off, and got back to bed....

An hour or two passes and I´m happily dozing in an even happier ladies arms.... and there is a huge explosion like noise.

Before the noise has died I´m out there and he has just reversed his pick up truck through our fortress like doors, and smashed the rear of his car, and our gates,

(Look under the green logo sign, and where all the banners are hanging from, you can see we have rather large solid, strong wooden gates.) post-12676-1166453269_thumb.jpg

a few tables and I was there when he opened the driver door to get out, and the man was a wreck, in even worse coked up drunk state then he had been earlier, and he came at me with a pistol, but I had the advantage as he was still getting out of the car, I slammed his arm on the door frame several times, hard, pointing his gun hand away,out on the street, and he eventually let go, and that clattered to the ground. (I later saw the safety was on)

He staggers out, and I`m yelling at this crazy son of a bit.ch "what TF do you think you are doing? Are you absolutely out of your mind, you crazy motherf/"%& ?" And so on and so forth. I push him, hard, out on the street and he falls, his head striking hte ground.

I get into the car and start trying to shift the automatic into neutral, thinking, I´m just gonna roll it off the entrance ramp, and let it glide out in the street... He get up, out of the corner of my eye.

He is coming at me, and his hand is going into a shoulder bag he is carrying.

I run around the open driver door and meet him before he can walk in the garden, and I grab his arm and twist it behind him, making him stand awkwardly and I yell, "What the <deleted>.ck are you taking out of your bag?" Repeatedly.... He won´t let go of whatever it is, so I put my hand in, and twist him round a bit more, so he fall over. I have him pinned to the ground with his neck under my knee, and I am trying to release his grip on some handle he is holding.... Evtually I tear the string bag apart, and I see the knife, with a 6inch serrated blade, and as I am prying his fingers off it, he is trying to speak, "I´m going to kill you!" I´m going to kill you!"...

I, in my rage, " I´d gathered that when you charged in here on your tank waving a gun at me, you crazy bastar.d!"

I shoved him, hard, out on the street again, and he went flying, literally. He bashed his head on the street again.

I went over to him, lying face down, with some blood dribbling from his crown. He wasn´t moving, but he was breathing regularly, and he was mumbling, still, about how he was going to kill me. I found his car keys in the remains of the string bag, and I got in, drove the truck out, and with a lot of heavy lifting and pulling -at four in the morning on a deserted street in a tourist capital- I am dragging a corpse like figure into the back seat.

I drive his car to a nearby beach road parking lot. I chuck the keys in his short pockets, put his wallet in the waistband in the small of his back, and I walk back, barefoot and only in my shorts still, to the bar.

The Gates have been half smashed through beyond repair. Replacements I cannot afford at this time.

Two tables shattered, and there is a gun, a knife, my glasses, and I don´t want to know a thing. I stack five large tables in front of what is left of the gates, blocking any view. I try to jam them with chairs, so they won´t be moved too too easily. At least, they will make enough noise to get my attention, if anyone tries to get in again, and I go back up to the house, a hundred meter back.

The young lady has hidden herself in a loft, and was sitting there in total panic for a while. SHe recovered quickly, and instead of saying she wanted to go back to her hotel room (and her traveling girlfriend), she made me sit down, made me tea, sat me down and hugged me, and let me sit quietly and didn´t bother me and I was so glad to have that special person there, and so completely there, if only for a night.

Alas now she has left. And I am doing anything not to have a nervous brakedown. After the attacks of last week, and now this... life gets harder...

Edited by kayo

Yeah I can see on the pic an ad that says ''Pide tu Gallo''.. sounds funny a Beer called like that.

but whatever happened after to that guy who broke in?

People like this person should never be allowed to drink IMO.

:D

Written shortly after the event, again...

Things APPEAR to have calmed down for the moment.

The Salvadorean-Drive-my-Pick-up-through.the.door- a$s.hole´s wife airlifted him back to his country of EL Salvador, where he underwent surgery for massive head trauma. Seems he´s recovering from all kinds of brain bleeding. :D

His wife did come and pay for the damage done to the front door though.

I later heard that he spent several months in hospital, (he already had other things going on, and that night was the straw that broke the health camel's back.

He never returned to our village. Various members of his family stopped by from time to time, mostly to pass me the message that he was really sorry and all that.

I knew all of his family, various son's, grand-son's, associated ladies, etc.. and always liked them, but I also told them all, "Apologies accepted, but I never want to see him again. He should not think about coming back here."

The whole event freaked me out, and frankly disappointed. I didn't feel too good about the damage i did to him in my rage, but then, I will always defend my livelihood to the utmost that I am able.

:D

Kayo. :o

Hi Patex. Yes indeed. That all happened in february or march. In september, I finally packed it in. I also stopped drinking heavily and the two changes went hand in hand.

I'm back in Europe now, enjoying some holiday, and making new decisions.

:o

kayo