DSI to go after pro-Dhammakaya social media

webfact

DSI to go after pro-Dhammakaya social media
By ANAN WICHITPRACHA, 
PONGSATHAT RUJIPHUTTANYAPHAT 
THE NATION

e3662b37dcc68998666526a082a44236.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- THE DEPARTMENT of Special Investigation (DSI) was gathering evidence to file charges of incitement against people who have allegedly spread misinformation or distorted news on social media, including Dhammakaya Temple’s communications chief Phra Sanitwong Chareonrattawong, DSI deputy spokesman Woranan Srilam said yesterday.

Having failed to turn himself into the DSI in accordance with a previous summons, Phra Sanitwong can be arrested on sight, he added.

The move, under the Criminal Code’s Section 116, followed the reported death of assistant pharmacist Pattana Chiangraeng, 48, due to an asthma attack inside the temple. Dhammakaya monks including Phra Sanitwong claimed her death was because an ambulance was stopped by authorities and could not reach her in time. 

However, government Spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd has said the ambulance was called for in the afternoon but an initial post mortem of Pattana’s body determined that she had died at about 9am, adding that blame related to the ambulance was a distortion of the facts.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30307793

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-03

3 minutes ago, silent said:

He should be charged for uttering cognitive dissonances

Another one of those Google help!! comments. Seems we are getting a more cultured class on TV Welcome. Take off our rough edges. That dissonances got me fur sure

On 3/3/2017 at 10:01 AM, elgordo38 said:

Another one of those Google help!! comments. Seems we are getting a more cultured class on TV Welcome. Take off our rough edges. That dissonances got me fur sure

It's a synonym for alternatve facts

Social media control again. Are we living in Eygpt, Iran, Turkey? No, then leave the social control alone. The freedom of speech is I know a complicated matter but everyone knows what you can and can't say in Thailand. Leave the social media alone. When that is controlled then people will turn to other means of gossiping. At least social media is pretty accurate. Not like word of mouth.

17 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I have just been out of school to long you know back in the days when life was fun and the whole world was our oyster. 

Me too and in my case.that was before gamma rays, plastic and cultured pearls were discovered to make our world a better place with things like Prozac..

I think the Junta will use any/all tools available to them - and they have a very, very, very large "tool box" -  to destroy this sect, all in the name of "religious reform', "healing Buddhism" and "reconciliation". Adherents to this sect need to be re-educated on the proper form of Thai Theravada Buddhism:  Dhammayutika Nikaya, which is the only currently "acceptable" sect. So says the new constitution, associated "organic" laws, the "20-year plan" and "the good people".

After all, what's the point of giving yourself absolute power, authority and amnesty if you can't/won't use it?  

In olden days they would have just used "forest rangers" to storm the grounds, kill a few dozen "opponents" and be done with it. But evidently they've learned that this might look bad in today's modern world, so they're taking the "Eliot Ness" approach.

The only challenge the Junta has playing this "long game" is maintaining "authority", which is relatively easy given their power and backing.