Authorities must tread carefully in complex Dhammakaya drama due to faith: academic

webfact

Authorities must tread carefully in complex Dhammakaya drama due to faith: academic
By Khanittha Thepphajorn
The Nation

a27e986b8e4f27c209249b0203adbda0.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- SEVERAL CONFLICTS have further complicated the Dhammakaya Temple’s saga in the eyes of a prominent academic.

Prof Dr Chaiwat Satha-Anand, head of Thammasat University’s Peace Information Centre, said during an exclusive interview that the ongoing saga did not involve just a single conflict.

“I can’t tell how the saga will end. From what I can see, it’s by no means about just one conflict. This means even if you manage to settle one, another will materialise,” he said.

During the past two weeks, police and soldiers have surrounded the massive Dhammakaya Temple in Pathum Thani province for the operations to arrest its controversial honorary abbot Phra Dhammachayo.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30307795

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-03

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“I can’t tell how the saga will end. From what I can see, it’s by no means about just one conflict. This means even if you manage to settle one, another will materialise,” he said.

Yes oh wise one you are right. If the government moves to swiftly the afterlife will be full of cockroaches.