• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/3/2017 at 5:59 PM, ukrules said:

Well now you know the real price I would insist on it and pay nothing more.

It doesn't make one bit of difference to Toyota who they're selling the car to, they don't care.

The only difference will be the registration form which requires slightly different documentation for proof of address / ID for a foreigner.

If I were you I would contact someone reasonably senior like a sales director at Toyota Thailand and enquire about this dual pricing policy to check that it really exists.

where on the forum would I find a list of paperwork needed for a used car purchase? I have the added 'wrinkle' of living in Nakohn Si Thammarat, but I will be buying the car from a Bangkok car dealer, listed under One2car. Must I obtain the certificate of residnce from NST (sad) or can I go to another provincial Immigration office (eg Surathani)?

am about to fly to Bangkok, in the next few days (it is the exactly the car we want) so would appreciate advice from some one who has experience, in the past year.

I'd mine without any problems and the Nissan salesman helped me get the loan done just right - they all need the commissions. Of course, speaking Thai does help. All they needed was a work permit to show proof that I am legally staying here. No need for immigration resident permit or proof of income. After the loan was repaid, the company transferred the papers to my name within a month. Of course, this is Thailand where each company and each person interpret things differently. Try Expat Auto CM if you need an alternative. A friend bought 2 of his 2nd hand cars from them and highly recommended them. 

On 3/7/2017 at 4:33 PM, canthai55 said:

Don't need luck. Have knowledge. And by the by ... speaking of Farangland in your post above ... Ain't that where you had that TA we have heard about for God knows how long and God knows how many times. Maybe a mirror is in order before you post.

Just ask me a question regarding it....A farang motor in farangland....Go for it...:smile:

1 hour ago, transam said:

Just ask me a question regarding it....A farang motor in farangland....Go for it...:smile:

On 3/7/2017 at 4:24 PM, transam said:

We are talking about LOS regarding used stuff.........Not farangland.........:whistling:

Pot - this is Kettle. Kettle - meet Pot.

On 3/7/2017 at 1:50 PM, captnhoy said:

Having just sold a car with only 18,000 km on it for 55% of the new purchase price I would never buy a new vehicle. Period. I saved 120,000 baht over the price new when I bought it as a 1 year old with 3,000 on the clock. It took me 45 days to sell that car and many people tried to buy it for next to nothing. The used car market, IMO, is way down from what it used to be. Also if you are patient you can buy from a foreigner as I did and not from the locals with sketchy to zero maintenance. I had a chance at a 1 owner, foreign owned, 4 yo Toyota truck much like described by the OP for 350,000 baht but had just purchased my car. Be willing to search and be willing to travel and you can save huge money.

350,000 baht is a good price if the same specs as the OP,  that would have been 800,000 baht + new