You're Invited To Despedida Party For Visa Runners!

"We are all asking "how" the immigration officials at the border can add up the 90 days (instead of the number of stamps)."

"I think no one is denying that they can do it, it just seems absurd that they actually will. It's in no one's best interest to fully implement the new regulations."

Only time will tell.

Have an idea... whoever is the first one who is "caught" for having 90 days and thereby given a mere "last 7 days" to leave..

Let's host a despedida party for him! Free beer and all!

"We are all asking "how" the immigration officials at the border can add up the 90 days (instead of the number of stamps)."

"I think no one is denying that they can do it, it just seems absurd that they actually will. It's in no one's best interest to fully implement the new regulations."

Only time will tell.

Have an idea... whoever is the first one who is "caught" for having 90 days and thereby given a mere "last 7 days" to leave..

The visa uncertainty is certainly starting to dig in, at least in my neck of the woods in Pattaya.

The apartment block where I'm living was full last year, but this year it's almost empty. This is not cheap accommodation (30k and up per month), but there are no takers for 6 month leases now.

Edited by tropo

Only time will tell.

The visa uncertainty is certainly starting to dig in, at least in my neck of the woods in Pattaya.

The apartment block where I'm living was full last year, but this year it's almost empty. This is not cheap accommodation (30k and up per month), but there are no takers for 6 month leases now.

The upside to that is that those who are able to sort out their visas and stay will have much more bargaining power now against current landlords, and also access to so many nicer apartments at lower prices! Law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND!