• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some love it.....

Some hate it.....

Some have never even been here.....

Some live here, some don't.....

There are all types on TV, some can't get over the fact that Thailand isn't like where they originated from!

Personally, I love it, will never move back to the states. Yea, it can be corrupt, who cares. Do I miss home? No, been gone so long, I don't even think about it anymore.

I see a lot of complaining on here. Does anyone actually like Thailand?

Yes, I love it. I'm from UK & have moved around all my life & this is the first time I've lived somewhere (since my teenage years) that feels like home. By that, I don't mean it's like UK, I mean Thailand feels like my home - nowhere else does.

Of course people (including me :o ) will complain though. This happens wherever you are. It's good to be able to vent about the petty & not so petty problems or grievances you have. It makes you feel better to realise you're not the only one to feel like this. However, I'd certainly be moaning a lot more working in a shop back in UK!

My day-to-day life is full of frustrations & problems & worries. However, I wouldn't swap my life here & the experience of living here for anything. The best & worst times in my life have been here. It's truly an amazing place! :D

Thailand is one of the cheapest, friendliest, fun places to live on the planet for people who like to complain and whine about everything and I mean everything! If you can't stand the heat (whining farang), get out of the kitchen (Thailand). They can get Thaksin out with 14 tanks but it would take Mr. Rumsfeld himself to root out all the complaining farangs of Thailand. Myself, I love it here or I wouldn't be here.

Sometimes I feel like it's a love-hate relationship that I have with this country.

I love many things about it and at the same time I hate many things about it. The important thing is there are more positives than negatives,for me anyway. I don't believe it's the best place in the world, but hey where is the best place in the world anyway? It's all up to experiences and perceptions, I say.

I love it more than I hate it.

never a truer word said, Heng.

Speaking for myself, I love the place and certainly have no intentions of living anywhere else.

It's not perfect, but where is. But the good bits more than outweigh the bad bits and for the first time in my life i feel truly at home here.

What I really like about Thailand is especially at this time of year (and in the upcoming month) is that I will get to see a lot of the rif-raf exit the country for at least the next 180 days!

Lovely place to be!

I think one of England's greatest literary figures, Samuel Johnson, said it best long, long ago...

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave Siam. No, Sir, when a man is tired of Siam, he is tired of life; for there is in Siam all that life can afford."

OK, he actually referred to London, but my point remains the same :o

...and for the first time in my life i feel truly at home here.

Every time someone says that, I wish they would go on to explain how or why this is the case... like the topic started out here, "what do you like about Thailand" rather than "how much do you like Thailand". :o Honestly, I wish I knew the secret behind this statement. I am not teasing...

Personally, I have found that "home" is where my wife is, so while I am here and call this home, I would leave in a flash and never look back if she needed to move somewhere else again. Oddly enough, when travelling without her, the only things that give me the "home" feeling are not people nor culture. It is little details like the sunlight hitting something at just the right angle or a certain crisp feeling in the air. Geographic nostalgia. Sentimental stuff that reminds of childhood in mid-northern latitudes. Thailand has none of those triggers for me, and it leaves me sort of blank as a result.

I see a lot of complaining on here. Does anyone actually like Thailand?

I was stationed in Thailand with the USAF 71-75 at Utapao RTNAS It was one of the best assingments in the World we worked hard and

enjoyed life to the fullest during our off duty time.

I returned to live in Thailand in 2002 and have been back over 4 years> Now i am retired with my Thai wife of over 34 years.

Our lives have been stress free Thailand is My home for the remaining days of my life. I LOVE THAILAND. :o

don

Rangsit Thailand Khlong 3

Speaking for myself, I love the place and certainly have no intentions of living anywhere else.

It's not perfect, but where is. But the good bits more than outweigh the bad bits and for the first time in my life i feel truly at home here.

Same, same! :o

But Different !! :D

I love the superb falang specimens over 50 walking around with large bellies bulging through their chang vests holding onto a 5ft thai girl in a mini-skirt and guchi vest top he met (and paid for) the night before, his ego boosted to the max. You guys know who you are!

(im only jealous :o:D )

check this out boys,

im going to go hard on this thread and admit strait up that i am a self confessed pollyanna when its comes to the los. :D

i frigging love the los and im a little depressed today as im heading home after another cracking 7 week stint in the mighty los.

but im depressed in a happy sort of way as i met some brilliant people on this trip and she was a burster of a great time. :D

but ill be back in may to see my friends and i cant frigging wait to get back there once again.

i salute the great los and i even took a liken to a soi dog i met and thats bloody saying something as i frigging hate those soi dogs. :D:o

cheers punting friends. :D

I think one of England's greatest literary figures, Samuel Johnson, said it best long, long ago...

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave Siam. No, Sir, when a man is tired of Siam, he is tired of life; for there is in Siam all that life can afford."

No, Lord Kelvin said it better:

"Complain to me about Thailand and I'm off to Soi Cowboy. But give me a memory stick with real data, and I'll bring my laptop."

Some love it.....

Some hate it.....

Some have never even been here.....

Some live here, some don't.....

There are all types on TV, some can't get over the fact that Thailand isn't like where they originated from!

Personally, I love it, will never move back to the states. Yea, it can be corrupt, who cares. Do I miss home? No, been gone so long, I don't even think about it anymore.

I'm not from the States, but have travelled a lot there. The US is a beautiful country. Did you forget the Grand Canyon, the Rockies, Lakes, Niagara Falls, the deserts, the plains, the Bad Lands, the beautiful coastlines of Atlantic, Pacific and Gulf etc etc? Did you forget the 4 seasons?

To be honest, Thailand scenically doesn't hold a candle to the US...not many countries do. There's a reason almost 300 million people live there. It's a great country....I'll admit that and I'm from Australia.

Edited by tropo

I love everything about it, i will live there soon and the place will become even better.

Weird thing happend to me today, a long time Thaivisa reader came back to work today and first time i met him he just came back from Thailand after getting married to a Thai girl.

He asked what my name was and I said call me Donz, he goes do you post on Thaivisa, I confirmed and he was like he just saw the second comming of god or something.

he probaly will read this, and he knows im the best too.

Anyways back to the topic.

I love the place and will love moving there, its gonna be fun stiring up the miserable expats who complain about everything. Im going to stir them for fun

I love the superb falang specimens over 50 walking around with large bellies bulging through their chang vests holding onto a 5ft thai girl in a mini-skirt and guchi vest top he met (and paid for) the night before, his ego boosted to the max. You guys know who you are!

(im only jealous :o:D )

Yeah we do. 5 feet tall and don't forget 20 years old.

Thanks for the envy! :D