Is Khon Kaen worth the visit?

Londonbloke

19 hours ago, Sirbergan said:

You wouldn't get excited about Roi Et. I lived there for 4 years or so. It's a decent place, but as most things in life it depends on what you're looking for. Never going back myself, too many bad memories as my 22 yo son died there last April.

I live in Khon Kaen now, and I really like it. I'm a translator and a workaholic, though, my experience might be very different from others as I don't go out much, if at all. Like I said, it all depends what you're looking for.

Esarn is better to hunt virgins !

Quite difficult in Pattaya !

I think KK is an emerging city in Thailand, great night life in many different parts of the city... i am talking Thai places mostly although there are some hidden away gem places both Thai and Farang, a lot of Thai Chinese money floating around and building/improvements going on everywhere, fanny is all over! the malls are the best and the Thai venues in the evening.

If you are visiting a CITY you need to stay there a good while(months)to know about the place the people and the underbelly but if you are just visiting short time then go with the flow and if you have transport a motorbike is best to nip about the city itself loads to do and see if you know! The locals are very open people and like to talk and of course are good at helping you spend your money.

Tip...Ceasers for Fun

Taweang Dang for a good Thai style evening

Bars and clubs just up the road opposite the train station the later the better.

Around the City's 3 Lakes in the late afternoon early evening is great for excercise and eye candy.

Hope you have a great time!

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

The zoo is definitely worth a look see.  Trams drive you around and you can get on and off as you please.  I thought the little food court there was terrible, but it won't kill you either. 

I hope they have got a new tram as last year that tram lost it and killed a few people if memory is right.

On 3/15/2017 at 5:51 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

No. If you want to go to the region then Nong Khai is a better place to visit. Has a river to eat beside.

Yep ,     KK and  Udon ,   are  polluted  by  traffic . 

On 16.3.2017 at 6:18 PM, BsBs said:

Esarn is better to hunt virgins !

Quite difficult in Pattaya !

Couldn't care less about virgins myself (wouldn't have if I was playing the field either, which I don't), but I'm a big fan of Isaan. I even speak it pretty well. My pronunciation is a lot better than my vocabulary, though. People laugh at me because I sound near-native, but I get in trouble if the conversation gets complicated or they speak regular Thai.