British man dies after falling from Udon Thani hotel

webfact

19 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Most farangs on holiday go to the coast? others go inland to meet someone and then this happens, I guess we will never know unless his family start asking questions

Might I respectfully suggest that you take the time to actually read the thread before passing on to us your profound thoughts and pearls of wisdom. If you had taken the time to read even the first page of the thread, you will have observed that I made clear that the deceased was not on holiday, but had in fact he had been living in Pattaya for over a year.

I can fully understand why you use the username that you do - WAKE UP PLEASE !!!!!!!

Edited by MuayThai 4U
delete superfluous word

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A young Russian women fall from balcony 27th floor in Pattaya last week. But no coverage on News.

It might be more such incidents here than we believe to know.

Edited by alocacoc

Another drunk falls to death, no news here.  No foul play, unless they unbuttoned and unzipped pants before sending him airborne.  Suicide, maybe didn't want to piss himself when hitting ground.

Probably just a drunken alky having an oops at wrong time and place.  Case closed, evidence fairly obvious...... IF anyone read Thai news, even English news had pic of pants and zip undone.

Guard stated went out daily since 4th to get drunk.......nuff said.

Som naa na.....another loss to society.

Maybe now resting in peace, if one believes such silliness.

6 hours ago, MuayThai 4U said:

Might I respectfully suggest that you take the time to actually read the thread before passing on to us your profound thoughts and pearls of wisdom. If you had taken the time to read even the first page of the thread, you will have observed that I made clear that the deceased was not on holiday, but had in fact he had been living in Pattaya for over a year.

I can fully understand why you use the username that you do - WAKE UP PLEASE !!!!!!!

So he lived in Pattaya but went on holiday to Udon maybe to meet someone?

Wake Up Please is the correct name, hope it inspires others to do the same, but others cannot see what had been said for some reason

Ben condolences to you and you family, mate I am so sorry that you have most likely read the shit that some <deleted>/wits feel they have to post on this forum and that the mods let them keep it going

first my condolences to the family , please do not take any notice of some of the comments

made by ignorant people who mostly have not even taken in the facts of what we know.

I have stayed at top mansion many times but on my last visit I found it a lot rougher/noisier than it was down the years.  

the security is about ninety but he will offer to carry your bags up (no lift) he is a nice bloke.

for the people who wrote about ground floor rooms...they do not exist.

and the people who wrote about mini mart....does not exist.

I hope that the police do check the c.c.tv . as we are in TIT and strange things happen.

if any family member wants more info pm me.

Another drunk falls to death, no news here.  No foul play, unless they unbuttoned and unzipped pants before sending him airborne.  Suicide, maybe didn't want to piss himself when hitting ground.

Probably just a drunken alky having an oops at wrong time and place.  Case closed, evidence fairly obvious...... IF anyone read Thai news, even English news had pic of pants and zip undone.

Hope you're feeling better now that you've got that off your chest.
A post written in very poor taste, am sure the guy's family will very impressed with your thoughts, sometimes it's better to keep them to yourself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 3/15/2017 at 5:02 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I say!

Stayed in this place a few times. Depressing and uninviting feeling about it. 

The rooms are OK, but the corridors reverberate with noise whenever some drunk comes stomping along to his room at 3am with or without Ho. Then there is the depressing possibility of a bed slamming against the wall for half an hour while some old fart tries to recreate his youth. It's not a place for a good night's sleep. The balcony is next to the toilet, so , yes there is a possibility someone very drunk could mistake the two.

4 hours ago, Ben Railton said:

R.I.P dad x

I didn't know Stewie particularly well, but I met him a few times in Pattaya via a mutual friend who is a senior UK cop. From what I could see, Stewie had been 'living the dream' in Pattaya for the last 12 months. He had a regular girlfriend and on the few occasions I met him, he was loving every minute of his time living in Pattaya. Stewie was great company on a night out and we had a good few laughs along the way.

I last met him about 3 or 4 weeks ago - bumped into him and his girlfriend at Utapao (Pattaya) airport as we waited to board the short flight north up to Udon Thani. After we landed, we said our goodbyes and he and his girlfriend departed in good spirits. 

In terms of how he met his death, the Police theory is quite plausible. Stewie traveled up for a short break to Udon and in the he staying in a hotel in town and likely his girlfriend staying in her village (village houses don't tend to have western comforts like a/c). The hotel he was staying has a balcony door and toilet door were next to one another. After a night 'on the lash', he needs a pee, opens the wrong door and simply sways over the low balcony.

A very sad death - life taken from a guy way too young.

Lovely guy. R.I.P Stewie

Probably been on a bender in City Lodge open till 4 am, right contacts etc.

Top Mansion ,, has  the  doors  for the  toilet , and the  balcony , next to each other.

Possibly in haste ,  the guy opened the  wrong door , and went out onto the balcony,, wall is way too low . RIP.

Nuff said.

Edited by elliss

On 17/03/2017 at 6:45 PM, laphanphon said:

Feeling good after posting that particular piece of nastiness are we?

I could see myself going off mine if I was really drunk and messing around, but it would have to be slightly spinning drunk.

if I wanted to end it early it's probably the last method I would try. Specifically the height of many apartment buildings make survivability a possible, though unlikely, option.

would be interesting to research how many of these buildings are id-ing guests and lady visitors and have a record of who was actually up there.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:23 AM, JimCrane said:

I could see myself going off mine if I was really drunk and messing around, but it would have to be slightly spinning drunk.

if I wanted to end it early it's probably the last method I would try. Specifically the height of many apartment buildings make survivability a possible, though unlikely, option.

would be interesting to research how many of these buildings are id-ing guests and lady visitors and have a record of who was actually up there.

they say the army has replaced some staff ? but that is only thai gossip, but some turnover

of staff is obvious, so ID should not and never has been an issue here and they copy all passports/ID.

the door leading to the balcony although next to the bathroom is quite fiddly  and a small lock has to be turned at just the correct position to open close the door, and does not seem

likely to be opened by accident....as stone cold sober it takes a bit of messing about to get

to the very small balcony...it could of been left open...but most leave the toilet light on at

night....not sure about lady or other guests being recorded but there will be CCTV.