Electric meter readinh

Nigel pence

Looks to me like the last number on that meter is single units. The tenths are shown by the small incremental marks.

The label shows 40 revolutions (of the spinning disc) per kWh.as in this diagram https://www.meath-co.com/web/es-mit/uploadfile/how to read energy 3P4W_6-10-2012.pdf

So, you could watch the spinning disc go around 40 times and see what happens to the digits.

Edited by chickenslegs

21 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Looks to me like the last number on that meter is single units. The tenths are shown by the small incremental marks.

The label shows 40 revolutions (of the spinning disc) per kWh.as in this diagram https://www.meath-co.com/web/es-mit/uploadfile/how to read energy 3P4W_6-10-2012.pdf

So, you could watch the spinning disc go around 40 times and see what happens to the digits.

Brilliant will do that thank you for your time appreciated

3495 baht for 6 days electric.

Are you paying the bill for the entire resort?

We run:

borehole pump

irrigation pump

house pump

pool pump

aircon

lighting (house & road in)

2,800 baht per month.

1 hour ago, grollies said:

We run:

borehole pump

irrigation pump

house pump

pool pump

aircon

2,800 baht per month.

We run:

pertaining mainly to aircon "for what periods, what month, what temperature setting to cool how big an area?

In a rented house f two weeks it has a small pool which has a pump on for 6 hours approx a day we have not used air con except for bedroom for a few hours the hob twice an oven twice??

been told by the property agent it must be the water heater running up the bill ?? Problem is I can't find meter to check.

we go home in two days I expect the bill to be with the water 8000 bht !!! Not a lot we can prove !! You live and learn !!

Since it's a rental, what rate per KWH are you paying for electric?  The normal PEA rate is around 4.5 baht/KWH, but most rentals at least double that when they bill you.

12 hours ago, Naam said:

pertaining mainly to aircon "for what periods, what month, what temperature setting to cool how big an area?

8 hours per night, all months except December/January, 25degC, 120m3 bedroom.

Pool pump 2hp, 8 hours a day, lighting LED, irrigation pump 1hp average 2 hours per day.

Bill goes up to around 3,000 if visitors stay (extra aircon).

13 hours ago, Nigel pence said:

In a rented house f two weeks it has a small pool which has a pump on for 6 hours approx a day we have not used air con except for bedroom for a few hours the hob twice an oven twice??

been told by the property agent it must be the water heater running up the bill ?? Problem is I can't find meter to check.

we go home in two days I expect the bill to be with the water 8000 bht !!! Not a lot we can prove !! You live and learn !!

Have you looked at the electric pole outside the house? Meter usually there.

Mind you, like you say, if you didn't have the reading when you arrived.........

Edited by grollies

What was the photo you posted above?

6 minutes ago, grollies said:

8 hours per night, all months except December/January, 25degC, 120m3 bedroom.

Pool pump 2hp, 8 hours a day, lighting LED, irrigation pump 1hp average 2 hours per day.

Bill goes up to around 3,000 if visitors stay (extra aircon).

your bill is very low given that your pool pump draws more than 50% of your total consumption.

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

your bill is very low given that your pool pump draws more than 50% of your total consumption.

I run the pool pump with quite low back-pressure which keeps the load on the motor down and volume discharge near max.

We got sent a picture of meter reading on arrival and I asked for another picture one week in so we had an idea what we would have to pay when we left, I'm thinking the picture is an old one or maybe I'm just being over cautious and perhaps unfair ?? See what today's reading is as I'm settling up

yes it is a big house but we are only using one room the rest of the house is not being used we are in just one bedroom and have used kitchen twice ? Perhaps it's me but uk electric seems a lot cheaper

11 minutes ago, Nigel pence said:

We got sent a picture of meter reading on arrival and I asked for another picture one week in so we had an idea what we would have to pay when we left, I'm thinking the picture is an old one or maybe I'm just being over cautious and perhaps unfair ?? See what today's reading is as I'm settling up

yes it is a big house but we are only using one room the rest of the house is not being used we are in just one bedroom and have used kitchen twice ? Perhaps it's me but uk electric seems a lot cheaper

Ah, OK, got you.

Looks like your property agent is looking to make a couple of 000 baht for him/herself.

The rate per unit seems OK.

Chalk it up to experience, not worth arguing about and might sour the end of your hols.

Can you check the photo properties on a laptop, see when it was taken? (if you want to try to argue the toss).

First weeks usage 582 units second week is going to be 150 units max !! No wonder not happy me asking for a mid stay reading my guess the photo we got on arrival was an old one taken long before we got here.

going to put it down to Experiance and enjoy last few days of this beautiful place 

On 3/17/2017 at 9:27 AM, grollies said:

I run the pool pump with quite low back-pressure which keeps the load on the motor down and volume discharge near max.

How do you do this, you must have run oversized piping when the pool was installed?

I have never had an electric bill as low as yours even in January in Isaan & I don't run that much more than you & only run pool pump four hours a day! :shock1:

4 hours ago, CGW said:

How do you do this, you must have run oversized piping when the pool was installed?

I have never had an electric bill as low as yours even in January in Isaan & I don't run that much more than you & only run pool pump four hours a day! :shock1:

The pump suction and discharge header pipe between pool and pump room is 3" (50mtrs between).

However this matters not as it is the number of 'eyeball' return ports that determine the back-pressure against the pump.

Based on the diameter of each return port orifice and it's surface area compared to the pump outlet s/a I built in 8 return ports. This gives the same s/a in total as the pump outlet.

I also incorporated a by-pass pipe into the system to pump directly back to the pool, circumventing the return ports.

Better to have some versitlity in the system.

The back-pressure on the pump is generated by the filter at 0.75 barg. The filter outlet pressure back to the pool is 0.5 barg. Opening more the by-pass pipe can further reduce back-pressure but pumps like a little back-pressure to work effectively.

We run:

borehole pump

irrigation pump

house pump

pool pump

aircon

2,800 baht per month.

I had a wealthy stock broker staying in my condo bangkok, with electricity at 7 baht /unit

Every month was over 10k ...2 units 24 btsu at least one running 24/7, he didn't even flinch