Property In Cambodia,

Just wondering any of you guys bought property in Cambodia, i understand a ferrang can own, is this right, i have 2 mates who have bought there, but unable to contact them at the moment, anyone know of current prices of land, shophouses etc, as i am thinking of buying for the future, i know this post is not thai related, but as some of you guys know, i am only 42 and i will have visa problems when i move to thailand full time, so was thinking of building or buying in Cambodia and spending 3 months there now and again, i hear the property is cheap. what you guys think.

:D Thaicoon.

If you have reservations about buying in Thailand then I would be xtra carefull before making a deposit in Cambodia.

Whatever you think of the stability in LOS in my opinion Cambodia is far more unstable.

Up to you but I would be more comfortable buying in Malaysia or even Vietnem than Cambodia. Oh and by the way no I hav'nt invested in property in any of the countries mentioned ......... I have looked into it however and Malaysia is far more easy and secure than the others......... but lets face it who wants to really live in malaysia ?

No point going into the pros and cons your already well aware of them.

It's amazing how many of us have this itch to spend/invest our money even though we know the risks. I've been going through this cycle for a good 5 years or so and still keep dipping my toe occasionally and having a good look at the choices/options if only out of morbid curiosity :o The funny thing is the longer I wait the more problems and pitfalls appear making it harder and harder to invest with confidence............

:o Thaicoon.

If you have reservations about buying in Thailand then I would be xtra carefull before making a deposit in Cambodia.

Whatever you think of the stability in LOS in my opinion Cambodia is far more unstable.

not only unstable but they haven't had time to sort out all their land titles yet. You would have to

make extra sure the person you're buying a property from is the legal owner even though

he or she may assure you they are - let the buyer beware !

Just wondering any of you guys bought property in Cambodia, i understand a ferrang can own, is this right, i have 2 mates who have bought there, but unable to contact them at the moment, anyone know of current prices of land, shophouses etc, as i am thinking of buying for the future, i know this post is not thai related, but as some of you guys know, i am only 42 and i will have visa problems when i move to thailand full time, so was thinking of building or buying in Cambodia and spending 3 months there now and again, i hear the property is cheap. what you guys think.

Go and have a good look yourself.

Sounds like a bunch of estate gents trying to trip you up.

Very unusual for tv.

You say your mattes have already done it,

follow that route and ask some pertinent questions, they cant be that hard to find.

If they are your mates.

Have a nice day.

:o

Go and have a good look yourself.

Sounds like a bunch of estate gents trying to trip you up.

Very unusual for tv.

You say your mattes have already done it,

follow that route and ask some pertinent questions, they cant be that hard to find.

If they are your mates.

Have a nice day.

:o

I just Googled it and it wasn't difficult to find the information. Only Kmer citizens may own real estate in Cambodia. There is a lot of language and information regarding ex-pats but it appears to be similar to Thailand. The Philippines are about the same also. No thanks! :D I'll keep my condo here in Thailand.