Visa exemption every 6 weeks?

Hi all, I'm a British national and I've been living in Bangkok for the best part of 10 years. First year WP followed by tourist visas obtained at various consulates.  My most recent visa was an METV, and prior to that I did 2 Edu-visas. I have never had a vis exemption entry into Thailand in all this time.  I entered today  on my last 60 days of my METV.  I actually only used a week of my second 60-day, as when the first one expired I flew Phnom Penh for a few days and when I got back I had to fly to Iraq fa week later for 10 days to start a new job.  So, this morning I came in in the last METV entry.  I will only be here a week as I have to fly out again to Iraq for 6 weeks to work.  Basically the job from now on will be a 6-week on/2-week of rotation.  I was planning to come back here during 2-week breaks as it's become home now but as in Iraq I am based up in the north in Erbil, there is no Thai consulate there, which means I will have to fly in and get a visa exemption.  I know for this I need to show a return ticket to Erbil, which should not be a problem.  But even so I'm wondering with my long history of tourist visas if they will allow me into the country, and how many times they will allow me to enter on visa exempt.  I think 6 weeks shows that I'm out of the country most of the time so it wont look as though I'm working here but still, with the visa situation becoming increasingly stringent here I just don't know.  Can anyone out there shed any light on this?  Thanks in advance.  Steve

Thanks ubonjoe!  It's actually every 6 weeks, nit 8 weeks, but I guess that still pretty much confirms I'm not working here. This is not the first time I've posted a question here and received a timely and reliable response from you, so for that, many, may thanks.  Steve

13 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Thanks ubonjoe!  It's actually every 6 weeks, nit 8 weeks, but I guess that still pretty much confirms I'm not working here.

If you count the 2 weeks here with the 6 weeks in Iraq it is 8 week between entries.